Nerf Hellbats Damage

So since hellbats are mobs that constantly spawn on the hell, dosnt make sense they do 250 of damage on someone with atleast 40 of defense. Please consider they spawn alot and deal much damage, making an impossible mission on making the hellbridge for Wall of Flesh.
If possible, consider this suggestion and please, nerf the hell bats, atleast make them deal 150-200 of damage, since 250 dosnt make any sense.

worth my vote 10/10

8 Likes

No kidding, most people don’t play enough to get past 40 defense, and that’s about the stats you have with titanium armor, which is the rarest hardmode ore, you would get 1-3 tapped, depending on how much hp you have, even with the best armor in the game and max hp, the will still be able to kill you relatively easily.

8 Likes

And nerf demons too cuz it’s very hard to get
demon scythe in phm with 1080 hp demons

5 Likes

I thinked better, and would be better if the damage was reduced from 250 to 135-175, 200 is literally half life of someone on pre-hardmode, so if possible, try to implement that new system. Still is acceptable the nerf of 150-200 of damage, we just need an nerf of atleast 100-50 damage to atleast make POSSIBLE make the hell-bridge on pre-hardmode.

7 Likes

Also, most people don’t have anti-knockback shields, so we just fall into the lava and die even if we don’t get killed by one hellbat hit.

7 Likes

I don’t get why hell mobs are buffed in the first place they are already some of the toughest mobs

5 Likes

Hell mobs have probably not been buffed in Survival. In fact, it’s more likely that they’re just that strong in Vanilla Master Mode (although there are some mobs that have been explicitly buffed).

5 Likes

In vanilla master mode demons have 360 hp
And hellbats have 144 , in survival demons have 1080 and hellbats have 412 they also
have triple the dmg , bone serpents too

5 Likes

If that’s the case then, does Survival still have modified spawn rate?

6 Likes

I did some research on this:

When he was the Survival Manager, Quinci often increased spawn rates. Under his mangament, Survival generally progressed quickly, especially compared to resets nowadays.

quicni

On January 8, Madeira became the Survival Manager.

Unlike Quinci, he intentionally seeks the the prolongment of resets by slowing-down progression.

January 31

March 27

3 cycles ago, Madeira buffed mobs.

buffsbuffs

5 Likes

So…mad is literally evil… good to know

7 Likes

Huh. . . I guess you can say that. .

6 Likes

mad is evil

6 Likes

Lets admit, almost nobody liked those damage and health changes on the mobs of hell. This post got 11 votes in 3 days, so probably we maybe should get more changes related about these damage and health changes on hell mobs.

5 Likes

Anyway @Madeira how many votes do we need

6 Likes

This wasn’t a change I made, nor do I have the ability to directly buff/nerf mobs myself.

6 Likes

Who made the change? lego?

6 Likes

Rofle probably.

6 Likes

Based on the limited knowledge I have on this topic, I agree.

@Madeira I have a question for you: when this happened, did you request Rofle to buff the mobs?

3 Likes