Nerf Hellbats Damage

It was brought up by Rofle when we were speaking about stuff regarding the implementation of the new Survival spawn. Because of that, speedy WoF was enabled and 11 NPC mobs modified.

and green slime which is out of screenshot. Obviously, the modifications Rofle had made prior to that should’ve been active too.

5 Likes

I’m a bit confused… Man Eater on Master Mode has roughly 350 HP. If it was doubled, then that would be around 700, but when I played, wasn’t it over 1000? Or am I thinking of something else?

4 Likes

This was applied for only two resets(Originally was intended to be one, but I was late to reset the second time due to being away from home). Unless you’re referring to those two, it may or may not have had 1k HP or the 700

6 Likes

This explains a lot.

So as the Survival Manager, you cannot develop or finetune TShock settings. (Although your predecessors could do this.)

5 Likes

That’s uncertain. In the sense of actual development, not even remotely am I able to. But for something like NPC modifications(which I believe is something “separate” from TShock, a plugin you could say, that Rofle made) there’s a possibility I might be able to, although I’d need to confirm it with Rofle.

7 Likes

So this is a matter of capability, not one of authority regarding your status as the Survival Manager.

So, as the Survival Manager, you have the authority to modify the settings of the Survival plugins, however, Rofle has yet to grant you the particular permissions concerning this.

6 Likes

So, as the Survival Manager, you have the authority to modify the settings of the Survival plugins, however, Rofle has yet to grant you the particular permissions concerning this.

Yes and no. It’s not something done via in-game. If anything, I’d assume it’s done via a file, one that’s probably a server plugin. In terms of permissions, I’d need to be told what plugin it’s actually is, and how to work it. Aside from that, I’ve never been given a thumbs up on messing with plugins (adding/removing and similar) so it isn’t something I intend to mess around with

6 Likes

As far as I know, Quinci and Marcus101RR had extensive access to all of this as Survival Managers, but then again, they both had extensive knowledge of how it worked.

I don’t know the extent of dunkasaur’s permissions as a Survival Manager.

6 Likes

I’m not entirely certain on what you’re really entailing by permissions here, so I might just be speaking wrong.

In terms of “can I go and delete every single plugin survival has if I wanted to?”, yes I can. Does that imply I could run/edit/mess around with them if I wanted to? Yes. What I mean by this is that I have no intention to do so unless Rofle explicitly gives the thumbs up beforehand. It’s having the ability to without having the technical “permission” to, in my eyes.

6 Likes

Here’s what I think about permissions:

• Permissions are given to roles.
  • Permissions specify who can use an object and what they can do with it (reading it, modifying it, deleting it, etc).

Understood.

6 Likes

Reading this made me cry.

5 Likes

I kind of feel like the game should get exponentially harder. Right now a green slime isn’t particularily hard, but things like Man Eaters instantly kill you in early-game. I think early-game mobs should just have normal Master Mode stats, but later Pre-Hardmode mobs should be buffed like this. Hardmode mobs would be buffed even more, and late-game mobs like pillar enemies and Moon Lord should be way harder. Moon Lord, once you get past the cultist, is barely even a challenge; it’s just tedious. It shouldn’t really be that even with late-Pre-Harmode gear, it takes almost thirty seconds to kill a single Man Eater, but with near-endgame gear it takes less than a second to kill a pillar enemy.

Also, for people who don’t join on the first or second day, early-progression mobs shouldn’t be instant-kill, because there’s no way they can progress at all unless they grind for hours and die in one hit every time (or just beg or steal).

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with how Hardmode mobs are currently scaled. Pillar enemies are especially difficult to deal with, and I wouldn’t consider ML a pushover.

4 Likes

I feel like most bosses (except the time-limited ones) are basically no threat, because we can just overwhelm them from sheer respawn number. As long as everyone can survive more than a few seconds, it’s a free victory, even though even the best players still die multiple times.
Maybe there should some kind of death-count where a boss despawns if players die directly from it more than some unreasonable amount of times like 150.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s a problem with this. Sheer numbers may prevent a boss from despawning, but I wouldn’t say it guarantees the defeat of that boss.

Also, compared to the past, progression in Survival is slower, and it takes longer average time to defeat the first ML in a reset. Since Survival is already significantly more difficult than it was in the past, I don’t see the purpose in making it even harder.

5 Likes

You’re probably right about this, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a non-time limited boss that we lost to (when more than a few people fought it at a time).

4 Likes

How long does it take to defeat bosses nowadays?

You’re either going to have a boss that takes 30+ minutes to defeat with sheer numbers, or a boss that slaughters players but is defeatable under 30 minutes.

5 Likes

Wait, didnt u say u could beat ml by sunday or something lol, like before

5 Likes

Yes, I did.

5 Likes

how lol, u have a bit more then 24 hours…?

5 Likes