Move some gms to one dimension

Why there’s no categories in rift like player battles (Duel; PVP); NPC battles (Survival; PVE); Freedoms (Items; Build). I think this sort will better. Rift will smaller. And also ill publicy 2 more submissions, linked with this one

Rift doesnt need to be smaller, its good enough. Vague categories that don’t explain anything (a new player would have no idea what “freedoms” is supposed to mean, or much of anything) shouldnt exist.

5 Likes

When i entered server first time i was VERY confused, so why not

Small description on sign, why not???

4 Likes

Because the Rift Dimension isn’t supposed to be a lot, it’s just the equivalent of a hub area. It’s kept separate due to the commands present as well as to keep other players hidden to prevent lag.

4 Likes

In my opinion, its face of server, where all should be understandable

3 Likes

There’s no need to change it; no one’s complaining about how it works; it’s perfectly functional; and it’s not confusing.

6 Likes

There’s the logo of the server. There’s the portals to the other Dimensions, all of which are labeled. It’s hard to connect to Dark Gaming by accident; if you’re joining the server, I’d think one would already know what they’re there for.

3 Likes

It just linked with bed wars suggestion, where if there’s too much gms, ppl will confuse

4 Likes

…how? There’s no reason for each gamemode to not be labeled. If each is labeled, I don’t see how anyone would get confused unless their understanding of English is lacking.

5 Likes

Imaging you are newbie. Now u enter gamemodes. Walking kilometres to search need for you gamemode.

4 Likes

Gamemodes is a small lobby. I don’t know what you mean by this, unless you clipped out of the map and somehow thought that was part of the world? There are no other Gamemodes or ways to enter them outside of the small build.

5 Likes

This is a screenshot of the Gamemodes lobby, and here I am the red and black player on the right.

It’s not a far walk to what would be the last portal. If more modes are added, the lobby can be reworked then to accomodate.

5 Likes

More gms - more pools and length. I mean this

4 Likes

So…
If your gamemodes will be added, then there will be too many gamemodes and pools, and it would be confusing for new players? And this is why you want to rework the gamemodes lobby?

I mean that’s a fine idea, but there’s no reason to add it as of now; even if your suggestions are accepted there would be only a few more pools added. This wouldn’t be necessary until there are too many more gamemodes.

6 Likes

Probably can’t combine Rift and PvP because some accessories and such which are unfair for PvP will be removed without actually intending to use them in battle. Kill and killstreak messages will be spammed in chat without the player actually being involved in the combat, resulting in far more confusion than the current state of things.

In addition… the current state of things. Why do more dimensions need to be compacted into Rift? It isn’t confusing in the slightest; it’s a one-screen zone with the DG logo and four clearly labelled warpplates to the various dimensions using titles almost any player would know. It isn’t colourful, the plates aren’t lost in a maze or anything, there’s a clear path from any portal to another portal and it’s fully accessible with a new, itemless character.

Plus, even if more gamemodes do get added… you do realise how many empty pools there are available for warp spots, right? The entire server does not need to be overhauled for no reason; the rate at which new gamemodes are arriving is extremely low and there are tons of free pools about in that dimension.

7 Likes

I don’t get your suggestion, nor do you get Rift’s and GameModes’ purpose.

Rift serves as the server hub, a list of dimensions distinct to each other.

GameModes serves as the games hub, a list of games, well currently only Zombies.

Let’s assume based off the title “Move some GameModes into their own dimension”
In a sense, Zombies is already in its own dimension, only accessible through GameModes hub.

If you mean, move Zombies into its own dimension you can access with /zombies then no. Zombies used to be accessible through /zombies but GameModes hub was created to contain all the minigames, and so far that’s Zombies only.

Now for a different approach, the content of the suggestion

How does this relate to the title? You’re suddenly suggesting categories in Rift? And no Rift doesn’t need categories, each dimension is very different from one another.

Duel isn’t planned to be its own dimension beside PvP.

Survival and PvE is very different from one another

so are Items and Build, this would just make Rift more complicated for no reason at all

5 Likes

No

Yes, but i not saying MERGE it. I say add it into specify dimension, unique for that

Any

Look this

6 Likes

I asked what you mean by this, you never responded. There is no reason to even walk any large distance in the Gamemodes lobby? Even if more gamemodes were added, they would all be within reach even without any gear, like Tru3thful said.

5 Likes

The zombies warp is 20 or so blocks from spawn, how is that a kilometer?

5 Likes

Why i should copy almost every reply

5 Likes