Modded dark-gaming server - tmodloader

yes… I tried make similar suggestion

7 Likes

This is a very possible idea, bring this back to life for more activity here. Currently running two of these for the partner with DG. Leafos runs Scania / Windia which are tmodloader servers and stability seems very good. It already does what TShock systems do in a nutshell:

Server Sided Characters - No doubt the most essential part is making sure that people don’t lose their progress from server to server using tmodloader.
Hero’s Mod - Great for maintenance, control, and administrating the system.

But I am sure we want this to be using DG system, which means an entirety of plugins need to be made that hook into that. I don’t know what the user base wants, if they just want a modded server to run by the community they love, or if they want also the features that DG provides to be included.

That is mostly what I expect users want, just a plain separate server module.

Very true, there are a few functions that are not controllable unless we have plugins to maintain them.

7 Likes

Disable it then lmao. They could do that easily.

6 Likes

they could just play vanilla DG :smiley:

4 Likes

Well nyes, that is technically the point

3 Likes

This wouldn’t work because it would decrease greatly the player count and cause a lot of new balance changes and lag. They would also have to delay vanilla terraria server updates and bug-fixes. What could work is get a whole new separate server for that.

4 Likes