Mistaken for "Advertising"

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
ban.dark-gaming.com/11422

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No I Did not.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
It was unfair! i was just making up a terraria version and the auto mod thing mistakened it as advertising

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
So i can play the game normally! i will not ever make up terraria versions ever.

4 Likes

You need to follow the format. Missing ban link for Q1. You can get the link by attempting to reenter the server.
Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

3 Likes

All Done! i put the link

4 Likes

The IP filter blocked you for entering 0.0.04.01 in 1.0.0.0.0.0.04.01.

Will you be careful about not entering a multidotted number in chat? The IP filter bans everyone entering messages containing things that even slightly resemble an IP.

Do you also understand that the number in that extent may be seen as spam?

3 Likes

Yes I Will Be Careful.

4 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

#10 Advertising

"Publicly displaying, trying to display or sending anything closely related to a foreign IP or domain is Forbidden. This Includes IPv6, IPv4 and local network IP addresses. if you want to tell friends of another server, use “/w” to chat the player directly. it’s still a violation to use /w or other commands to send out foreign IP Addresses or domains as a way of bypassing public chat for advertising purposes.
You are allowed to advertise a domain Such as “Youtube” as it’s commonly known and not directly associated with the content and environment of our servers.

Terraria versions are Exempt for this rule (even though they are valid IPv4 Addresses) so long they are being used as versions and someone does not actually have this IP to advertise, this includes past versions and potential future versions within reason, as well as misspellings of these versions"

my fingers hurt lol

4 Likes

You entered the correct rule but you must quote it as described in the guide, not copy paste it.

3 Likes

Okay. i will edit it

4 Likes

No, post the quote in a new reply.

3 Likes

oh.

#10 Advertising

"Publicly displaying, trying to display or sending anything closely related to a foreign IP or domain is Forbidden. This Includes IPv6, IPv4 and local network IP addresses. if you want to tell friends of another server, use “/w” to chat the player directly. it’s still a violation to use /w or other commands to send out foreign IP Addresses or domains as a way of bypassing public chat for advertising purposes.
You are allowed to advertise a domain Such as “Youtube” as it’s commonly known and not directly associated with the content and environment of our servers.

Terraria versions are Exempt for this rule (even though they are valid IPv4 Addresses) so long they are being used as versions and someone does not actually have this IP to advertise, this includes past versions and potential future versions within reason, as well as misspellings of these versions"

I edited the last reply. that took wayy too long

4 Likes

This is still not a quote. If you are on PC go to the rules, select the whole rule, press Q, then copy paste the draft that opens to here. On mobile, select the whole rule and tap on “Quote”.

With “Quote” the steps in the guide how to quote the rules are meant, not the academic quote with the “”.

3 Likes

Mistaken for “Advertising” - Terraria Server / Ban Appeals - Dark Gaming (dark-gaming.com)
Is it like this? cause i didn’t understand
i think i did it wrong

4 Likes

I Do not understand The Copy pasting the draft that opens to here

4 Likes

Yep, this is correct.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes
  1. i was just Joking around
  2. i will never type a oversized terraria version
  3. i will avoid breaking the rules
  4. Yes i do understand
4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes