Miles the Magician Ban Appeal #4

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No. I don’t know how many times I’ve said this, but I didn’t know that spamming chat was punishable by something as severe as a ban. I hadn’t read the rules at the time (which was a mistake), and I had seen other people spam in chat without getting banned, so I thought (mistakenly) that it was “ok” to spam in chat (which it isn’t).

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
No. It was not fair whatsoever. To be honest, this is just ridiculous. I have seen so many people spam in chat, multiple times, and over a long period of time, while all I said a single all-caps sentence in chat. And every single one that I have seen has never been banned. I hate restating myself, but for some reason my past 3 ban appeals have been denied. I have seen no other person on the DG forums go through this many ban appeals, and for such a (in my opinion) ridiculous reason.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I should be unbanned because, as I have said so many times in the past, I am sorry. I acknowledge that I annoyed people and was foolish in wanting to make a joke that broke the rules, and I’m sorry. I won’t break them in the future and I will make certain to have fun while respecting all of the rules in the server. I have gone over all of them as well to make sure that doesn’t happen. I also really love Dark Gaming, and have had tons of fun on the survival and zombies gamemodes, and hope to be able to get back to that.

13 Likes

Oh. I know this sounds like a lie, but I had forgotten about that (it’s been 4 months since this happened). I had copied the all caps sentence and had accidently pasted it 2 or 3 times. This isn’t an excuse for what I did, but those were in accident. I normally copy the symbol æ and paste it for fun, and I was used to that. Regardless, I am sorry for how I annoyed people by spamming in chat with multiple all caps sentences. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. However, my previous argument still stands. I have seen many people spam in chat a lot more than I did, or even type harmful things in chat without getting banned or kicked. Despite all this, I promise that in the future I will think carefully before I try to do anything “funny”. I would like to also apologize for my previous ban appeals. I was under the false assumption that the more I argued and the more I wrote, the better my chances were of getting unbanned. I now realize that I kept disregarding the rules and how important they are. Also, this might bug some people, but I would like to point out that we are all human. Every single day we make mistakes, whether they be major harmful ones or minor slip ups, we all make mistakes (again, this isn’t justification for what I did, I’m merely pointing this out).

12 Likes

Sorry, that was a bit out of context, but it has been brought to my attention that I had spammed in chat multiple times.
Again, I’m sorry this happened and I will make sure to follow the rules carefully in the future.

12 Likes

I don’t mean to be annoying or anything, but can this please be resolved soon? In the past it has taken a long time, and it has already been 5 day. Also survival reset is tomorrow and I would like to be there for that lol. Again, I don’t mean to sound impatient or anything.

13 Likes

Again, I don’t mean to be annoying, but it’s about to close lol. Can this please be resolved soon?

12 Likes

Sorry for another post, but this is about to close again.

10 Likes

Just one last thing, I’d like to revise my statement on question 3: Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.

Yes and no. No because, from my perspective, it was pretty ridiculous: I’ve seen plenty of people spam in chat more than I did without major consequences. However, that doesn’t take away the fact that I did spam on purpose. I found a way to get around the anti-spam, and I thought it irrelavent to mention it to any moderators. Heck, I even said “haha finessed da system…” All things considered, I did break the rules and my ban was pretty fair, and my responses in previous ban appeals have been to just keep denying that it was fair. Once again, I’m sorry for that and any other troubles that I have caused on this server, and will strive to follow the rules to the best of my ability in the future. Having said that, can this please be resolved soon? It’s already been almost 3 weeks since I have posted this, and over 4 months since my initial ban.

11 Likes

Uhm, this is about to close again… I know I’ve said this a lot but can this please be resolved soon? If not, then should I just let this post die and make a new appeal? I already put a lot of work into this appeal though… Any suggestions?

9 Likes

Well, unsurprisingly, this is about to close again because of no response from popstarfreas… In all honesty, I’ve been waiting for so long now that I’ve just run out of ideas… All I want is to get unbanned, but it’s taken nearly half a year and over a month of waiting on this appeal alone, with no reply or recognition whatsoever on this one. To tell you the truth, I’m so done with this whole process. It’s beyond infuriating to be banned for 5 months and having to wait so long while being ignored, unable to play on my favorite Terraria server, all because of a mistake I made last year. Yes, I broke the rules, but I highly doubt the rules that I broke were so severe that I deserved being banned for 5+ months. I found a way to spam all caps in chat, but I assure you there are much worse things I could have done. I could have griefed, hacked, bullied, or advertised another server, which would have had a much more real impact on the server, instead of bugging a few people. If we take a step back and examine the real consequences that me spamming in chat had, there were next to none. I don’t remember anyone getting explicitly angry or annoyed, just some people telling me to stop, which I did so after realizing what I had done was wrong. What I’m trying to say here is that although I broke the rules, those rules weren’t very fair in the first place (please don’t ban me again or deny this appeal because I said this). Do you honestly think that minorly irritating some people because your text pops out more than everyone elses is seriously as severe as, say, destroying anothers creation out of cold blood? Or hacking and making everyone else’s day worse because you’re playing unfairly? I chose to make a silly (and naive) joke, unaware of the vast implications it would have on me and my future on this server. If it means anything at this point, I truly am sorry. I’m sorry I broke the rules, I’ve learned my lesson, I promise that I will follow the rules in the future, and I’m sorry that I denied breaking the rules in my previous ban appeals. Also, please don’t take any of this the wrong way. This is my opinion, and what I feel like is happening to me and my feelings on those events. I’m not saying that the rules are horrible and that this server or anyone on it is bad in turn, I’m merely saying that I think they could be improved a little bit, or at least the reaction to the breaking of them could be (I didn’t get a warning when I was banned, and was unaware that I was even doing something bannable) (also I really needed to get this off my chest, and I’m sorry if it sounded overly-dramatic or unnecessary, I’m just really fed up with waiting and being banned and not being able to do anything about it). Nevertheless, the only choice I have left is to wait on the slim chance that this appeal gets recognized and that I can be unbanned…

9 Likes

Uhm… I know this is a kind of awkward topic, but is it possible for this ban appeal to get reassigned to a different moderator? Because no offense, but popstarfreas hasn’t replied or done anything on this ban appeal, and my attempts to contact him have failed. Again, I’m not saying that popstarfreas is bad/I don’t like them, it’s just that I’ve been waiting several months to get unbanned, and over a month on this appeal, and I really just want to get unbanned at this point. And in case anyone still believes that I shouldn’t be unbanned, then I will say what I have said over and over again: I’m sorry for breaking the rules, I’m sorry for denying that I did so in my previous ban appeal, I promise to follow the rules if I am unbanned, I’ve learned my lesson, and have had plenty of time to reflect on what I did and how it affected other people. I’m also sorry if I’ve sounded impatient, rude, or harsh throughout this appeal, it’s just that this whole ordeal has taken far longer than it should have, and I really do miss playing on Dark Gaming.

10 Likes

I know I said a lot afterwards, but that was a genuine question lol. Can I/this appeal get reassigned to a different moderator? Or maybe can someone message popstarfreas telling him to go over my appeal? (I already tried that to no response) 'Cause I’ve tried just about everything at this point and I can tell you it is beyond frustrating. Just message me if you can’t reply here or something. Also sorry if this isn’t the place to post this :skull:.

9 Likes

Like another appealee recently, there’s a lot to be said and not enough time to say it. If it helps, there needs to be:

• Enough time to write out a response that accurately addresses the current problems
  • Nothing else of more urgent priority

Before I will be able to deal with your appeal. Since you already have two denied appeals, that were denied for the same reason, the priority is not as high as it was before. It’s up to you whether you want to wait for me to have some time or decide it’s not worth your time.

11 Likes

Thanks for replying, I’m happy to wait as long as I need in order to get unbanned, as long as it doesn’t take too long. I completely understand not having time to go over non-urgent ordeals such as the ban appeal of someone who has already done 3 in the past. However, you stated that there needs to be nothing else of more urgent priority, and no offense, but I don’t find this Normal house to be of more importance than someone who has waited over a month for a ban appeal with no recognition… Even though I’m willing to wait as long as it takes to get unbanned, I hope you realize that waiting this long (its been 5+ weeks) for a single response can get… tiresome, to say the least. I don’t want to waste time, and I’m sure you don’t either, so here is a watered-down, simplified version of what I have written so far (loosely following the format):

1. Did you break the rules knowingly? No, I did not know that spamming all caps in chat was worthy of a kick/ban at the time, but I did know that it would probably bug other people and that I shouldn’t do it, so I’m sorry for that. It was honestly pretty dumb of me to make a “funny joke” that went around the built-in anti-spam systems, and I regret doing so.
  2. Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason. At this point, yes, I think my ban was fair. I spammed in chat multiple times, knowing that it would bug people and that there was an anti-spam system in place for a reason. However, what I don’t think was fair was how quickly I was banned. I was banned without warning, and I didn’t have any mods talk to me at all, I just logged on and boom, I was banned. What I also find unfair is being banned this long. Yes, I reacted poorly in my previous appeals, but what I actually did had no lasting impact on the server. In fact, it lasted ~5 minutes at most because the chat is constantly moving and people are constantly talking. A counterclaim would be that I still broke the rules and that I still subverted the anti-spam system, and to that I say, yes. I did do those things, and I’m really sorry for doing so, but very few people got annoyed, and I stopped after being asked to stop.
  3. Why should we unban you? I should be unbanned because (I don’t know how many times I’ve said this at this point) I’m sorry. I’m sorry for spamming, for bugging other people, for subverting the anti-spam, and I’m sorry for how I’ve reacted in my first 3 ban appeals (I rejected any claims that I was banned fairly and was overall rude). I’ve learned my lesson, and if I am unbanned then I promise that I will follow the rules in the future and have fun within the rules. I also should be unbanned because I have been banned for 5+ months, which I think is more than enough time to be banned for what I did. And to tell everyone in all honesty, I desperately miss being able to play and have fun on Dark Gaming.

Also, I’m honestly pretty confused as to what the “current problems” are that need to be addressed. If you could specify those so that we could address them, then that would be wonderful.

Furthermore, my previous two ban appeal were denied because I denied that the ban was fair and I was avoiding the facts. I accept that my ban was fair, and that I subverted the anti-spam system without contacting a mod like I should have. I’m sorry that I didn’t do so and I’m sorry for annoying the members and moderators of this wonderful server. If after all of this you still somehow think that I should be banned, then do one thing for me. Look around the ban appeal section and try to find someone who has written as much, apologized as much, or has been as persistent as I have in getting unbanned. I guarantee that you will fail.

On that note, it would be greatly appreciated if you could reply in a timely manner, and I’m sorry again for everything bad that I have done and all of the annoyance I may have caused you (popstarfreas) in writing these long ban appeals.

9 Likes