Mado's question thread

I still don’t know a ton about DG so I made this thread to ask a lot of questions without having to make a new thread each time.

4 Likes

What are the staff roles/system? A lot of the things that mention it are old, contradictory, or don’t make a lot of sense. I’m not really sure which ones are correct, besides some basic info, so could someone explain this in detail?

4 Likes

I have no idea on what system refers to. Staff are a group of trusted individuals that have more power over others. They are responsible for things like banning people, removing bad content, and running the forumns. In Moderator Applications, you can become a staff/moderator (they are the same thing anyways). This might go alot better from someone like popstarfreas.

4 Likes

Yeah I know that part, but I don’t really know a lot of it in detail (from the helper application, what is a Staff Assistant? I’ve never heard of that before. Also Super-Admin, etc).

4 Likes

How to use bank sentry

Oh wait, I thought this was for everyone, lol

5 Likes

Helpers are there to help both members and staff. Helpers are not granted any additional permissions than the ones they already have. They are here to answer questions anyone has on the server. If you stop helping people, or you do not wish to continue helping people, or you take on an enforcer role, your helper title will be replaced with [Former Helper].

4 Likes

This is the wrong place to submit this, but by using /ahelp sentry, you can get info on the bank sentry

Oh i thought you meant something else yems i did this as a joke i didnt know that you actually didnt know how they work

lol

4 Likes

Sure, feel free. I also don’t know how to use it either lol

edit:nvm solysis answered

3 Likes

Very outdated

4 Likes

Staff Assistant was basically the current trial moderator.

Super-Admin would be second only to Rofle. The in-game tshock term for Super-Admin is an Admin with every single permission there is to offer.

Dimension Managers are essentially admins limited to a specific dimension, you could say, whereas admins themselves would fill in the position of empty manager roles + other staff member management(or it use to be like that iirc).

4 Likes

So, like someone who’s being considered to being promoted from Helper to Moderator?

Also, who are the current helpers? I think Tru3thful is one, but are there any others?

3 Likes

The discord Helper role was deleted, so there’s no helpers as of now. Helper applications have been postponed because it’s less convenient for Rofle to handle those, so moderator applications became the alternative.

Staff Assistant was the role in-between Helper and Moderator. They are essentially the lowest actual enforcer role, with the ability to kick/ban. Trial Moderators now fulfil that role.

I personally think Trial Moderator would be more accurate the term for Staff Assistants, though I believe staff assistant may be brought back once there’s a stable number of moderators.

4 Likes

So, there’s no helpers, and instead Trial Moderators?

3 Likes

There being no Helpers is the result of Trial Moderators coming into existence, but Trial Moderators should be viewed as Staff Assistants rather than Helpers. The hierarchy is, from lowest to highest,

Helper > Staff Assistant(Trial Moderator) > Moderator > Dimension Manager > Admin > Super-Admin > Owner

Developer can generally be thrown in between Dimension Manager and Admin(Dimension Manager > Developer > Admin. This is in terms of value and permissions) although they technically aren’t an official enforcer position

5 Likes

Nope. I just actively try to help other players as a decently active player myself, one part to set a good example for a potential moderator application in the future (I’m still wavering on that, but I do still want to help out the server in more ways than just offering Guests help when they need it), and other part because I want to use the knowledge I’ve accumulated through my participation in any server activities. We all started with not a lot of knowledge, I’m just actively trying to pay it forward to help others get started.

5 Likes

If noone has answered yet:

When you place down a bank, a yellow $ sign will appear for around a second above the heads of sentries that affect the bank.
Every time a sentry that is close enough to the bank hits an enemy, 10 (?) points are added into the bank’s “balance”, which shows up as a yellow number (along with its tier and health and stuff) when you hover over the bank sentry.
At the end of every round, the bank’s balance is multiplied by (1 + interest), so if a level 4 bank (which has an interest of 0.5) had 10k points, at the end of the round it would have 15k points (not including the points its gaining from sentries damaging enemies). At the end of the round after that, it would have 22.5k points, and keep multiplying by 1.5 after that.
The interest rate goes down by A LOT on i think round 12 (or later, i forgot), as i remember my 1 interest rate bank got its rate turned into 0.25.

The bank will give all of it’s balance to the player when it dies, meaning that if you want to get the money from the bank, you can pick it up and place it on top of an enemy spawn to make it die.

4 Likes

Where did you get this information?

I’ve found nothing on the Discord or the Forum.

How much does the sentry’s interest increase per level?

By how much does it go down? Is there a rate for this?

It seems as if the Bank Sentry works by compound interest.

A = P(1+\frac{r}n)^{nt}

Since the interest is compounded once per round, this can be simplified to this:

A = P(1+r)^t
15000=10000(1+0.5)^1
22500=10000(1+0.5)^2
5 Likes

I got the info from my experience playing the game.

It doent seem like theres a formula but instead the upgrades for each tier were set manually (unless some quick formula was written for tiers past the point that most people would reach)
Im not sure if i 100% remember these interests correctly but the interests until it starts getting pointless to upgrade the sentry anymore are:

T1: 0.1
T2: 0.2
T3: 0.35
T4: 0.5
T5: 0.7
T6: 0.9
T7: 1

(yet again, im not sure if i remember 100% correctly, but im pretty sure these are the rates for t1-7)

I dont know so I might test this if i ever play zombies again soon.

I was writing a guide to the sentry ability but since im lazy it will either take a while for me to release it or ill never release it.

4 Likes

I’m pretty lazy myself too. Anyhow, I’m looking forward to your guide.

6 Likes

Hah, same.

7 Likes