Mado's question thread

Diligent people are frightening spectacles.

6 Likes

Are server clans still a thing? Could someone explain in detail what they’re about? The explanation in the category is a bit vague

4 Likes

Clans are pointless now, however, back then in the day, you could get rewards and extra perms for participating in a Clan.
Clans back then in the day had territory and you’d participate in Clan v. Clan events to get rewards like DP.

5 Likes

Is there a way to suggest PvP changes here on the forums, since I’m not on the discord?

5 Likes

I guess you can make a Topic on #terraria-server to suggest a PvP change and have someone else write the Suggestion on the Discord.

6 Likes

Why is Obsidian Pants banned? It doesn’t seem to be anything useful at least according to the wiki.

5 Likes

Whips can out damage anything at their range

6 Likes

Right, I forgot that PC players get the set bonus.

5 Likes

Does anyone know where I can find the code for zombies/gamemodes, or is it private? The github repository doesn’t seem to have it.

5 Likes

Oh I found Rofle’s other repositories but some of them I can’t view on Chrome OS.

5 Likes

The zombies code huh? Something that could make me actually want to finish my sentries guide…
gimme

5 Likes

If you’re on a PC, you could probably view it, but I can’t

5 Likes

It’s currently private. Along with other programs the server uses, like Loadouts, TSL, etc.

6 Likes

I mean, you can just DM me your questions and I’ll answer them

6 Likes

How does World-edit work? Is it the exact same as TEdit, which I believe is a PC-only program?

Also, what are tShock and TSL? I know they’re both programs which the server uses, but how do they work exactly and which things use which?

5 Likes

World edit uses commands to mass edit the world. You can mark points with //p1 and //p2, then for example, //copy that over, mark another set of points, and //paste

You can also replace blocks (with different modes of replacing, for example random or all), auto hammer, save a schematic (or build file) which can be copied over to a different world (which is how ZM move maps) and other things.

6 Likes

World Edit is a TShock plugin, from what I believe TShock is a patched TerrariaServer.exe that is capable of reading plugins.

7 Likes

Versatile builders who use all their tools run cheat clients on a TShock world and edit the world file with world editors like TEdit

7 Likes

Why do people think I’m an Admin?
I think at least three users have asked me to do something for them (like kill WoF with a Zenith) that would require staff permissions. This didn’t happen recently but I thought it was odd.
The only things I can think of:

• “Madofado” looks kind of like “Moderator” (not really though)
  • People call Madeira, who is actually a moderator, “Mad”, which could be confused with me, making people think I’m the moderator and not him?

I don’t really know otherwise lol

7 Likes

Are you active, knowledgeable, wear flashy chat flares, and help out a lot?

6 Likes