Kill assists in PvP

Killstealing is a common thing in PvP, many times you’re fighting someone in PvP then someone who spams S.D.M.G goes and steals the kill you we’re fighting for, this is pretty annoying
Kill assists would fix this issue and make PvP more enjoyable
Kill assists may count as a kill for killstreaks but give you half the DP or EXP a normal kill would give you.
Certain weapons or projectiles may be banned from giving you assists, for example Chlorophyte arrows and etc.
Since you get the kills by making the final shot in the opponent, assists may give you the assist for making the most damage on the opponent
Assist may not be given to anyone if the most damage to the opponent that was dealt was lower than 150

Format:
someone1 was killed by someone2’s [ 600 :hearts: ] :dagger: Weapon + someone3

I almost 100% agree with this, though i think it should be changed to you having to get 50% or more of the other player’s hp (aka 300 hp), as this could allow for 4 people having a kill (3 assists and the finisher) and i also feel that 150 is far too low. If it were to count as a kill and give rewards, 50% makes more sense since youve contributed the most to the kill. Also, how would this work if someone were to “tactically retreat”? The whole server could technically get an assist on a single person and it would be common for many people to get assists. Would there be something like if you dont damage the guy within 15 seconds of your last hit, the assist counter would reset?

2 Likes

Watch the format again, only 1 person can get the assist, If 2 people deal 150 damage or more the one who dealt more damage will be the one that gets the assist

Enough to give you a significant advantage against someone

It would reset if the opponent heals to full HP

1 Like

I find this odd. If one person dealt 151 dmg before and the following person deals 50 dmg(but kills their opponent), then the second person should get the kill regardless. Because they did kill them after all.

Prioritizing higher damage has a major flaw: it incentivizes dealing heavy blows of damage, and you’ll just get random kills without having to go out of your way to kill people

I believe a timed counter is better than healing to full HP. A whole minute could’ve passed since you dealt 400 dmg, in that time they probably managed to heal to 400/600, but still fall short of the 600 limit because they’re now being chased by someone else.

2 Likes

I really think that resetting at 600 HP would be the best, since even if they ran from someone that dealt 200 damage to them, then someone is chasing them and kills them, It’s still an assist

2 Likes

Your main reason for kill assists which you said in your post was killstealing. This is why i proposed a damage timer and 300hp+. You shouldnt just think “eh, ill get the assist anyway” if someone runs when you did a lot of damage. You should be pursuing the person for the kill.
If you did half of a persons hp, and you didnt stop lowering their health until someone steals the kill, then it would be clear it was more or less a killsteal and you should get rewards.

3 Likes

I agree with what @someguy said. If it resetted at 600 hp, you could stop pursuing the person yet still get the assist even if several minutes has passed. Effectively creating less incentive to pursue someone and kill them

3 Likes

Really that happening would be rare and you wouldn’t get the assist most of the time, anyways putting both a timer & full hp reset would be the best option

3 Likes

How about if you just hit someone over 150 damage within 15 seconds of them dying or so you get the assist, I don’t really know why the hp reset needs to be part of the equation?

3 Likes

Another thing, ^ this can potentially lead to odd situations
If a player barges into a crossfire, and lets assume there’s 6 people and each deal 100 dmg
Only one person would get the kill and no one gets the assist despite contributing to the kill

4 Likes

Why not just give a asistance by just damaging it? The kill can be given to the one who caused most damage.

tecnically is asisting just making a minimam damage, for the simple thing that you restart health regeneration,or consume a charge of the solar/beetle armor set,so i don’t think that is nessesary to put a minimum damage requeriment, since is actually in the formula of XP and DP the damage inflicted (being the one who gives more than Kills)

2 Likes

If you halve the amount of DP earned from killing, that means you will be getting 0.05 DP per assist.

2 Likes

Because when you heal fully and someone kills you with let’s say, an sword there’s no assist there

2 Likes

Yeah, no. The one who does the final shot is the one who gets the kill while assists the one who most damage deals in the opponent gets it

3 Likes

I think this is outdated, because I seem to get 1 DP every kill.

2 Likes

I see, but wouldn’t the time limit remove the assist anyway?

3 Likes

It wouldn’t make sense for someone who dealt 500 damage 10 seconds ago to get the kill. Since technically, the killer still killed them.

It would incentivize AoE and spammy weapons, since there’d be no use in chasing after someone and killing them

2 Likes

yes, but what if someone healed to 600 hp but the time limit hasn’t ended

1 Like

Also some off-topic,

What if someone damages 200HP, and then i die for fall damage? (Please tell me that im not the only one that dies from this…)

The system would end like this?

Geolindrag killed himself Assist (Weapon) Random person

1 Like

Is that so? I don’t get 1 DP per kill.

1 Like