Invisi's Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: ban.dark-gaming.com/7357

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
Maybe, I’m not exactly sure about the message I sent that made me ban. Might be my usage of /mimic as a bit of a way to troll certain people who were interacting with me at the time but I don’t remember.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Yes. I broke a rule, although I don’t remember what message specifically. I’d like to see it though.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I quite liked playing on the server, I’m sorry for certain things I might have done in the past. I don’t remember clearly what message I’ve sent that counts as impersonation, other than my usage of /mimic a week back.

6 Likes

yes. Why are you using it even though the rules state that impersonation is not allowed?

6 Likes

Well, it was there. I couldn’t think of any way to use it for reasons other than trolling the people who interacted with me, and the temptation was really there for me to use it. It’s my fault that I ignored both Rules and Guide warnings, and I am still sorry for it.

5 Likes

There are a few legitimate use cases. One of them is not to impersonate someone else for fun. Part of having access to use something is knowing how it should be used. Just as I expect you to not ban people for trolling purposes, I also don’t expect you to break the rules using any other method available to you. Why in this case did you not see how this could be misuse of a command?

5 Likes

I didn’t, I thought that the boundaries were that it shouldn’t have too much of an effect on others’ gameplay. For the most part I did it with people who I thought already had nothing to do and were just waiting for stuff like Moon Phases or Angler Quests (thought so because they were using chat messing around with me in return.)

What I thought was the limit, were things like ‘randomly make people say “Hey guys, I have 999 plat who wants” to trick some other person to check their inventory using T-Inv to see if that’s actually true, therefore wasting their time,’ or ‘saying “Selling an item for 1g who wants” to trick people into wanting to buy that.’ But even that I may have ignored at a few points, I’m not sure, but in that case I assume it was from my ignorance.

5 Likes

What do you mean by limit? It is ok to break the rules as long as you don’t perceive it to have an effect on others? It’s possible that other people might have thought what you are doing was ok and copied you in a way they have access to (like phase). I don’t see how your perception of impact would change whether something is considered a violation of the rules or misuse of command. Even if the damage is minimal to none, I don’t see how that would justify doing it.

5 Likes

Well, what I meant basically was just how far I could take it before it being unacceptable.

I never really said it was justified, though I surely did think it was back when I did it, for reasons very close to the one you mentioned. May have been hypocrisy on my part, as it’s still bannable for people to use a modified client on some place like the PvE dimension’s lobby where they’d also have no impact on the other things going on in there.

4 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

5 Likes

This was the one I broke.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

4 Likes
  1. Yes, and clearly.

2. Yes, by not using /mimic unless it’s for one of the few legitimate use cases, although I can’t think of any…

3. I do, hopefully I won’t.

4. Yes, in the sad case that it happens again I’ll just accept it and move on.

2 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

4 Likes