Impersonation Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban
(Staff impersonation. Banned for saying “Glasia I will ban you”)

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I did not knowingly break the rules. Honestly I never read the rules. I entered the server thinking “Their rules are going to be basic and similar to other servers”, which was an obvious mistake on my part. However, after being banned I read the rules thoroughly and made sure that I understood the meaning of each rule. Not reading the rules is something that I commonly do and as of recently, I’ve been practicing reading the rules.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
My ban was completely fair. I broke one of the rules stated by saying I would ban a player when I don’t have the power to, and exactly followed one of the examples mentioned in the rules of what not to do (unintentionally).

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I enjoy playing the modes on the server and I like all the people I’ve met through this community. I know I’ve been a problematic person, but I promise I’ve changed. I took some time before making this appeal to think about my ban and why I did what I did. I noticed a pattern of me being openly negative and rude to people I didn’t know. After that, I took a little more time after that to think about how I could be nicer to people and be more open minded.

In short, I’ve changed and want to treat people better.

10 Likes

bump so this doesnt close

7 Likes

another bump

7 Likes

So why did you target one player specifically? A few days after your ban, you mentioned through Phase that you’ve rarely (if ever) spoken to them before. As well, there wasn’t much explanation as to how the statement was meant to be a joke (even if the rule wasn’t in place), do you have something to say for that?

10 Likes

There’s no way to really beat around the bush with this response but, I did it purely out of spite and obviously, I regret it.
Whenever I got too comfortable in a community, I would start to thread the line on what’s acceptable and what isn’t, every time I got away with something risky I would thread the line further.
Of course, this was over 5 months ago and this ban was a sign, a sign that I need to get rid of my spiteful ways.
I can assure you, I have changed and I would like a second chance to prove it.

9 Likes

Will you make sure you don’t act out of spite again in the future if you were to be unbanned, regardless of the player in question’s status in the community?

9 Likes

I promise you, I will never act out of spite again.
Like I said, I have changed my spiteful ways and I’ve become more understanding and accepting of people, regardless of their behavior towards me, or their behavior in general.

5 Likes

Very well.

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

6 Likes

This is the rule I broke.

5 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

5 Likes
  1. Yes, I understand why what I did broke the rules.

2. I do understand how I can avoid breaking more rules in the future.

3. I agree that I will never break the rules again.

4. I understand that I will not be allowed to appeal if I break the same rule again.

5 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

7 Likes