How did u found about terraria

I had a fav YTuber known as “socksfor1” (warning:he make’s inappropriate content so that’s why he’s not my fav any more)
He made this vid

He play a terraria mod in minecraft at first I thought terraria was a mc spinoff so that’s why I didn’t bother to look up this game and after near to half an year I wanted to play fall guys and I found it on the play store and I wanted to see what the creator of fall guys other games and I saw terraria and I wondered if they can make a great game like fall guys surely they’re other games will be great too and that’s how I started play terraria

7 Likes

My father initially got Terraria on the Xbox game pass.
My brother first got me into playing Console Terraria but we shifted to PC Terraria when 1.4 came out.

6 Likes

One of my friends back in 2013 was about 7, I was 4. Don’t ask how we were friends, we met at a Dairy Queen. Anywho, it was Christmas, and we went over to my friend’s house. He was playing on his tablet thingy, and he showed me this game called terraria that he had discovered that had been released to mobile just a few months before. Thrilled, he let me play for a bit (I was really confused how eyeballs could fly, and I had no idea that snatchers were plants xD), and I loved it anyway. Every time I came over to his house or he came over to mine, we would always play terraria together.

Fast forward 4 years. I was eight years old, and I got my first tablet. My first request was terraria, and I’ve stayed faithful up to now, watching as the devs changed my favorite game and added all sorts of blasphemy and overrated endgame weapons :sob:

Alas, nothing I can do, but it’s my favorite game, and will definitely stay that way.

7 Likes

I found out about Terraria because way back in the day when Minecraft was super popular, Terraria was repeatedly called 2d Minecraft.
It’s not though: Terrria trades its extra dimension for a ton of extra content.
Both games are super fun, It just depends on how you feel at the moment.

6 Likes

i found it out after someone i know had terraria pirated (1.3) and i loved it (i played on builders workshop so that ruined the play i guess)

me and that person now have the legit copies

we also both played legit terraria ds (not together), and borrowed wii terraria (libary)

5 Likes

Well, I don’t exactly remember when but I know that I always played the free mobile version a long time ago. Something funny… I still own that copy. I played ever since Ocram existed and we only had 5 inventory slots at the top left. At least 3 years before 1.3…
I believe I even have some screenshots! Let me see…

Unfortunately these are the only two I have currently. These were from a very broken world…

5 Likes

there was an option for 10 slots that I preferred using, but yeah. The old font and sprites of everything still gives me major nostalgia.

5 Likes

Actually, there were no inventory settings. It was just lighting, sound, graphics, and social links. I even played when they originally had cloud storage for characters

6 Likes

I forgot that even existed, heh. I was on iOS, not sure about you, but I remember having 10 slots pre-1.3. I don’t believe there was that option in 1.1, but I barely remember that era.

5 Likes

I randomly found Terraria on the App Store forever ago. Since I loved Minecraft, it piqued my interest and I looked further into it (by which I mean combing the wiki several times a day, every day, almost entirely for entertainment) before buying it 2-3 months later. I’ve been playing it on-and-off ever since.

6 Likes

I’ve found Terraria when I was in 3rd grade. The story of this is: back in 3rd grade school was nearing its end every end of the class it was always nightime students were being picked up by there parents and I was still waiting there sitting at the school bench, this school bench was long and had allot of spaces to sit down one time this group of 6th graders sitted down beside me and played this cool game where you fight monsters, have cool swords and stuff, oh and guess what? It had multiplayer! Wow! That was my reaction at that time but being a shy kid I kept it to myself. Then a year later before I was in 5th grade, my grandma made me attend summer classes there I met students who played a game simmilar to the game that I saw last year, soo I befriended them got to know Terraria and eversince then I was hooked with the game, Ive played and played using my measly little phone Ive gone somewhat of an Expierenced player and this was before the 1.3 update, Im not good with Pvp especially when your up against Pc player, and completing the game? Its no mere childsplay when in mobile it just takes time…lots of time. Oh? Parkour? Well guess what its one of the hardest when in mobile. What was that? Dodging? Movements? Buttons? Welp thats the scary part, Its utterly one of the most hardest one to master but it takes time to getting used to. Until now Ive had my hardtimes but I still had fun, if you ever played the game on mobile and finnished remember your a chad💪

P.s- not good with English

7 Likes

I found Terraria a few years ago because of stampylonghead’s Terraria Let’s play
A few years have past and i had forgotten about it until a year ago when i saw JzBoy’s Terraria animations which got me into it again
Then i started playing after i found it for free on GOG

8 Likes

Are u guys still friends?

6 Likes

I used to watch jzboys stickman animations

4 Likes

U mean google?i don’t know what GOG is.

5 Likes

@sussyyy Whoa, hexatuple reply.
I found about Terraria when I was at the end of 6th grade. A technics store offered a 1€ discount for every A and a 50 cents for every B on the report card. I had 10 A’s and 1 B and got a discount of 10.50€ and saw Terraria and bought it for the PS3. Then a year later I got Terraria on mobile and since then I am a mobile player.

6 Likes

I’m new to the game so I don’t know what ur saying XD

5 Likes

Nahhh I disagree

5 Likes

When I first played the game it gave minecraft vibes due to starting of the game is similar to minecraft

6 Likes

I discovered Terraria last year when we’re on semestral break. I was searching for a sandbox game (besides Minecraft) then I saw the good reviews and decided to buy it. I was intrigued and fascinated when I first played Terraria. There’s so much to explore and build that I visited Terrariawiki every now and then (I still do lol). Probably one of the best games I played besides UNO and Minecraft.

6 Likes