Got banned for a joke

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
ban.dark-gaming.com/7371

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I did know that racism isnt allowed. i am mostly black mixed so i am pretty much allowed to use the n-word. and i also only used it one time for a joke.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Since I didnt follow the rules, I think the ban was valid. But maybe give warnings first. Its annoying to break little rule and just get BANNED off the discord,t server,etc.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Like I said, I said it for a joke. And im mostly black, my mom is mixed and my dad is black. And I hope you dont think everybody in your server is white. I really like your server, its so much fun, but its sad to be banned without warning just for a little joke.

2 Likes

You need to follow the format.
Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

1 Like

this is my first appeal wdym

1 Like

This is my first appeal

1 Like

Q1 asks for your ban link, which appears when you try to join the server while banned.

1 Like

ok hold on im gonna get it

1 Like

ok got the link

1 Like

You were not banned only for racism. You were also banned for Sexual Language, but this is not addressed in your ban appeal.

Due to the unverifiable nature of this information, everyone is equally banned for it. Unless of course they’ve proved that they are undoubtedly of that race. Then again, why would you use a word that was intentionally made to discriminate against your own race?

At 2021-08-13T11:55:00Z, you were warned by Invisi.

@Dizaxer No racial slurs, else I have to ban ya
https://phase.dark-gaming.com/#messageref_65707020

Less than a minute after you said this:

no cvm is
https://phase.dark-gaming.com/#messageref_65707025

This isn’t the first time you’ve mentioned cvm or related words.

At 2021-08-13T11:48:00Z you said this:

penis has the most OP projectile
https://phase.dark-gaming.com/#messageref_65706957

And at 2021-08-13T11:48:49Z you said this:

penis has the cvm projectile which deals infinite+ damage
https://phase.dark-gaming.com/#messageref_65706969

Now I want you to remember, where are you and what game are you playing?

You’re playing Terraria on a Terraria server. It’s very obvious there’s going to be kids around, no? Do you think mentioning words with sexual definitions is good, around kids? Do you think mentioning a ward that was used to discriminate against a race good around kids?

I wouldn’t have banned you on the spot if didn’t break the rules immediately after the warning.

3 Likes

And one last thing, about my race. Why in the hell would I have to verify that im mbm? Its like a server that expects their users to be black so I would have to verify that im white. (not to be rude) but doesnt that sound sort of dumb? Why would I have to verify that im black,white,latin,asian,etc.? N-word is a greet or nickname word used across all black ppl including myself. Its just weird.

3 Likes

I didnt adress sexualism in my appeal because I was not banned for that reason. If you dont allow sexual chatting then you shouldnt allow cussing if kids are around, right? And have you not been updated on the fact that the n-word is VERY commonly used by black people? Youre acting like its right after slavery. And also the reason why I said the sexual thing is because that the little topic in the chat. I wouldnt have just said that randomly. And the warning didnt mention no sexual topic he only said to not say any more racial slurs, which I respect and followed. I only said the sexual stuff because it was the quick chat. other people where mentioning “dicks” “penis” so I mentioned something too. Ive now fully read the rules and break them again. So i’m sorry.

3 Likes

A white person can just drop that word and claim they’re black then avoid punishment, no? Similarly a non-chinese person can just drop the quadra C and claim they’re chinese to avoid punishment, no?

3 Likes

If you’ve read your ban link, the largest portion wasn’t the racism, but the sexual language.

Sexual language is far worse than cussing, imagine you drop the C word around children, what do you think would be their first response? Either they’d google it or ask their parents. In the former, that would scar them for the rest of their life, for the latter they’d get slapped very hard and ask where they learned it.

That doesn’t mean cussing isn’t bad though, you can get banned for it in multiple ways and they’d also be slapped by their parents. At the very least if they google it they won’t be scarred for life.

I know this. Though, every single person I’d met immediately retaliated with “I’m black so I can use it” when questioned.

It wouldn’t have been a topic, had you not replied to it with a joke. It would’ve just been a single comment standing by itself.

I suggest you don’t follow other people into breaking the rules, and treat warnings as a general “read the rules”. If you were warned with toxicity and then mentioned sexual stuff, you’d get banned with both immediately. Instead of being separately warned for sexual stuff.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m sorry. I wont break the rules, say any racial slurs/be racist,say sexual stuff or do anything else thats not allowed. I wont argue anymore. While I do agree that sexual word are worse than cuss words. Cuss words also technically are not approriate for children to be seeing. So you should add No cussing to the rules list. But anyways once again im sorry and wont break the rules again.

3 Likes

Cussing is already on the list, though it’s only moderated if it’s excessive, i.e. a simple “fuck” won’t get you banned, saying “fuck” in half your messages is the grey zone, accompanying it with an adjective like “dumb” and targetting it at something might get you banned. Feel free to report anyone that does so(targetting it at something)

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

Ok I have quoted the rules that I broke.

3 Likes

btw, you need to post the rules here, not on the rules post

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.