Fabsol's Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No. The reasons provided in my ban include: Use of religious/sexual/political commentary, advertising, profanity, racism, disrespecting the community, and aiding others in evading.

I would like to state that I, in no way, did any of the things that I am accused of as I made sure to be behaviorally acceptable within the server following my unban in October. I did not disrespect anyone in-game or aid others in doing malicious activities within the server at all, and if the moderators think otherwise, I would like to see evidence presented to me as I hadn’t done anything myself to break the rules or help others break the rules within the server.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I absolutely do not think my ban was fair. I would understand a ban without warning had I actually broken any of the rules I was accused of doing, but I haven’t done anything to break the rules ever since I was unbanned. Sometimes I will have commented on others (particularly in PvP) while playing, but I never went out of my way to use profanity towards them or insult them. I believe that this ban is either a complete misunderstanding, or simply an abuse of power via lying.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I believe you should unban me because, while I am in no way an angel, I have held up consistently good behavior in the server as I haven’t committed any offenses and have refrained from being toxic/insulting whenever I got frustrated while playing. I want to simply enjoy playing on the server and competing with friends in PvP for the sake of my own entertainment, and I haven’t and do not seek to misbehave at all.

4 Likes

Are you serious

8 Likes

I am very serious. Neither Tratalon or Helfire were offended.

These were sarcastic remarks towards people I know. I wouldn’t insult random strangers who would obviously be offended by those comments, I knew very well what I was doing. You’re blatantly misinterpreting what I said because I didn’t use profanity towards them or offend anyone.

2 Likes

What do you have to say about the other insults and rules broken?

3 Likes

Where do you see other insults?? The only “insults” I made were jokes aimed towards two people I know and habitually talk to, which we just went over. Also, I didn’t break any other rules, I was spam drinking gravitation potions with two other people and labeling it as “lean,” just as they did alongside me.

2 Likes

We do not tolerate this here, an insult is an insult not towards a specific person in general, but a whole group, in this case ableism

3 Likes

I didn’t make a statement that targeted disabled people as an entirety, it was a sarcastic remark made towards one person I regularly talk to and the context is very much present. In fact, I didn’t even say that Helfire or anyone else should have been subject to harm or discrimination because he is disabled, I simply called him “armless,” which he admittedly is not offended by.

If harmless joking with your friends isn’t allowed, it should be clearly stated in the rules so that the practice of it is forbidden.

2 Likes

Most of the messages you sent could have taken in context that you was targeting any disabled people that was in chat

3 Likes

Are you really gonna ignore this?

3 Likes

I’m not going to ignore that: that was a lyric to a song on BandLabs that I was playing and wasn’t even regarded as offensive by anyone present. If you need me to cite it I can.

2 Likes

I specifically stated “Armless boy” when Helfire was brought up, which made the context extremely obvious and no one complained about it at all.

2 Likes

You are making fun of a sensitive topic, do you not understand?

3 Likes

I was informed specifically about this

3 Likes

The message did not involve hate speech as it does not deny the rights of or encourage attacks on a group of people, it mentioned a giant territorial landmass. The war and its specifics may be a sensitive topic, but I in no way made fun of the ongoing struggles between the citizens of Russia or Ukraine.

It should be extremely obvious given the context, and the fact that I did not incite violence or intend to deprive the rights of disabled people, that the comments were specifically aimed towards Helfire in a sarcastic and harmless demeanor. It is also stated nowhere in the rules that sarcasm is an offense, as I had mentioned in my last response, making the reasons for my punishment blatantly unjust as I was not in violation of the rules.

2 Likes

You ignored what I said above

3 Likes

I did not make any political statements regarding the war. There was no context or commentary provided in regards to the geopolitics or peoples of Russia or Ukraine: the statement was quite simply “I dropped the bomb,” and there was no discussion of it followed afterwards. The message contained no offensive, descriptive, or implicative commentary at all, and no one found it to be that way. Because of this, it does absolutely not violate the “No politics” rule either.

***EDIT: The appeal has been denied, but that doesn’t discontinue me from having further statements:

“You will stay permanently banned, as you cannot understand your own behaviour and how it affects players around you in Dark Gaming”

Being unable to elaborate why I “don’t understand how my behavior affects players around me” is among the most bold and unspecific statements I have ever seen; I explained how I was not in violation of any of the rules, yet moderators are still allowed to simply close appeals whilst giving no proper explanation or defense statement to the claims given? If positions of high power can be held by people with such low explanative capabilities, who are we as a community to have any trust in your judgement and representation of the core systemic values that hold the server together? It certainly is something to think about, and makes me wonder if any of you people really take your responsibilities seriously, or if you are simply acting out on hatred of certain members for reasons that exist outside of the server domain. Whatever the reason may be, it’s clear to me that you are in no way fit for the position you are in.

To you and anyone else in the moderation team with this same mentality, shame on you all. You have truly been a letdown to me as you seek no cooperation with me, despite my agreements and efforts to behave differently in the server, which I was (until the denial of this appeal) a member of for 8 years. I hope that one day, you and the rest of the moderation team mature enough to reflect upon and understand your mistakes.

3 Likes

You will stay permanently banned, as you cannot understand your own behaviour and how it affects players around you in Dark Gaming

7 Likes