EoLnewbie, banned for saying 127.1.1.1 as advertising

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No, I did not.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
As stated in the rules, local ip addresses are forbidden. So I believe this is a fair ban by the automatic system

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I typed “127.1.1.1” in chat as a joke reply during the conversation, because the address was a loopback address. Obviously, it wasn’t meant for the purpose of advertising.

Here is the image of the conversation where it happened, for context. My reply was supposedly after Rose The Paladin’s “what is my ip address?”:

4 Likes

I know this was meant as a joke, but it still violates rule S1#10:

As long as you understand what not to do in the future, I feel comfortable proceeding with the appeal.

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

2 Likes

I broke this rule:

2 Likes

That is correct.

2 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. Yes, I understand
2 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes