DukeFatron’s Ban Appeal (new)

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
https://dark-gaming.com/ban/4923

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No, I did not break the rules knowingly.
After finding out myself about the trick behind taking advantage of the command, I’ve started using it on autopilot as if it’s normal. I’ve treated that as a simple advantage, a clever usage of the command, but I was very foolish to see that this was a borderline exploit. My reason was that very often during boss fights, there are already 6+ people fighting, and that sooner or later the dead ones will respawn anyway, so shouldn’t be much harm in skipping the timer and jump back in. However, I have severely underestimated the 30 seconds of respawn, which could drastically change the outcome of the fight. I did not view that penalty as seriously as I should have, and that it’s not just some annoyance like I’ve viewed it - It’s an intended in-game mechanic, and there’s a good reason why it’s implemented in the first place.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Yes, the ban was fair.
The ban was completely deserved, because I’ve taken that too far, thinking that it was harmless. I regret not thinking twice about the actual advantage I am granting myself. The commands must be used only as intended, and if there’s something that gives unusual benefits that seem way too good, they could bring more harm than good regarding the fairness among other players.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I would be grateful to once again experience the weekly playthroughs with different players and share the good experience among others. The cooperative aspect of Survival world is thrilling, and I do not wish to ruin that experience by giving myself unfair advantages.

I’ve broken the following rules:

2 Likes

As far as I could tell, you were the main person who was taking on the boss. Out of everyone, for you to cheat death would mean almost certainly winning the fight. And seeing as the boss would not despawn unless people are dead, cheating death removes any potential for losing the fight. Abusing this exploit doesn’t give you an advantage, it makes the fight unlosable unless you are playing alone.

3 Likes

I always believe that some of the people in the group nearby are experienced, since Duke Fishron has very predictable movesets, and I trusted those who were to carry on while the death timer finishes ticking to teleport back, which is why I paid no particular attention to the group as a whole. The last fight before getting banned was one of the rare times I did not decide to tank him, so I was completely oblivious to the group effort as my entire focus was on the boss the whole time, however shortly after I died, the entire group got wiped, so you’re right. I deeply regret having such lack of situational awareness, I went too lax after tanking him a lot.

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

These are the following rules that I’ve broken:

2 Likes

Do you understand why what you did broke the rules and now understand how to not break them again?

Do you agree that you will not break this rule in future, and that if you do so in the future, it will result in you not being able to appeal it (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes

I understand that my actions have interfered with the balance and fairness of the survival, and I understand that I must think twice before doing something like this with commands.

I agree that I will try as hard as I can to avoid exploiting, and should I dare abuse something that can lead to terrible consequences, I will not be able to make any appeals regarding that.

3 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.