Dark Gaming - Terraria Server Rules

Even at “obvious” false bans like for saying 1.4.4.9?

8 Likes

Is this caps bypass that will get me banned?
Caps bypass using the allowed impersonation of fictional characters:

Survival > [Avenger] <Monitor> (<-- kick me) : oh no i died
Survival > [Gryffindor] <Glasia> (08/15) : [Wizard] <Harry Potter> (with Wings) : RIP

The text trying to go through is an acronym (RIP) and not a full phrase.

I know doing this:
Survival > [Gryffindor] <Glasia> (08/15) : [Wizard] <Harry Potter> (with Wings) : MOONLORD SPAWNING IN SURVIVAL
is similar to
Survival > [Gryffindor] <Glasia> (08/15) : EYE OF CTHULHU SPAWNING IN SURVIVAL caps caps caps caps caps caps caps
a caps bypass because you try to get a whole phrase in caps through.

6 Likes

/buff and /permabuff have been disabled in Survival for done time now, so meh.

I don’t even think that’ll work as of now? Ever since around 1.4.3.2, a feature was added by Re - Logic where if a server forces any changes onto a client, then their character will not save any further changes from then on. /buff (and by extension, /permabuff) just add the buff to the character instead of giving it through natural sources like drinking a potion or getting hit by something that can inflict Feral Bite, which means that if you use /buff for that and you leave, you won’t have Feral Bite saved on your character.

8 Likes

So would i be allowed to do this then go to items instead of my own world?

7 Likes

On mobile clients, you can do /buff then leave like normal, as the items will save.

7 Likes

I dont think that is appropriate. Just dont do that

7 Likes

well, what the contraption is doing isn’t really preposterous, anyone can hold down click. the rubberband would more or less be a minor convenience for people with sore hands and it wouldn’t be pulling off anything unfair

8 Likes

Does this break S5#2 - No exploits?:
One dies in survival then the respawn timer is 30s (or 60s if there is a boss fought) then they enter /(otherdimension) then /survival which is taking only 10 seconds.

7 Likes

I do believe there is anticheat to stop it and it says “you must wait x seconds before you can be alive.”

7 Likes

sorry please do not post here

7 Likes

Retitle that rule to Abuse of Permissions as that can also apply to

• supporters
    • abusing relaxed antispam to spam the chat
    • repeatedly joining and leaving to spam greet messages
    • having a greet message that is just a bunch of random letters
    • greet message contains inappropriate text (e. g. Otto has joined :gem: Otto greets: Glasia is a n…er)
    • using the nickname function to rename themselves to impersonate other users
  • crew
    • abusing telekinesis in zombies
    • abusing /tp in pvp
    • spam summoning bosses and events in survival
  • zombie map builders
    • playing in mb lobby just for fun
    • leaving a mb lobby full of players without map builder
    • naming classes with inappropriate text such as the A, F, S, B or N word
  • mods
    • randomly banning and kicking users (e. g. ?ban Glasia “pwzovzsczsozbircaifcrwtsbofrsb”)
    • joke kicks, bans and mutes (e. g. ?mute Glasia “you shall be banished to hell!”)
    • Sending warnings but the text is normal text (e. g. ?warn Glasia “Hello, how are you?”)
7 Likes

I did not follow this rule and the previous one

8 Likes

make a new post in Ban Appeals

8 Likes

i made a new post and it was taken down for being a duplicate of a valid one

8 Likes

Continue doing that ban appeal

10 Likes

Macros are forbidden?

8 Likes

Yes, they are not allowed.

8 Likes

is there meant to be only one item in this list, or was it just forgotten?

i think there should be specification that its only banworthy if you KNOW that the items were hacked in. so like if someone gives me 1 hacked platinum coin, but i didnt know it was hacked, then it should be ok. the rule is written as if taking any items is bad whether you know it or not

5 Likes

the “Why is ‘x’ banned?” section seems to be outdated, so christmas hook just stands as an example case for this FAQ-esque question
you would need to divide the section for PvP, PvE, Survival, and maybe even Zombies to distinctly establish when and where which items are banned

i second this, an informal warn and a proper warn from a moderator proceeding that if the violator does not dispose of the items would get the message across while still giving the violator the benefit of the doubt

6 Likes

yeah i agree with it

seems like something that map builders have to worry about, and not players

5 Likes