D4rkbuddy's Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I don’t know? Well yes I did broke the rule knowingly in the past. But today I was able to join back and I didnt have modified client on

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
The ban was in the past I was given the same ban. I was able to join today and then I got blacklisted again

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I learned my lesson many months ago and I would like to join back to the community but not as a cheater but as a player. Even though my name has already been tainted I would do my best to clean it and gain trust again

3 Likes

You should’ve appealed first. All bans are permanent unless appealed successfully (with a couple exceptions such as if a ban shouldn’t have happened in the first place) to ensure that the appellee is able to read the rules and understand why they were banned. Hence, address your original ban: do you think it was fair?

3 Likes

Yes. I do think the ban was fair but people learn and change from their mistakes and should be given a second chance after they have learned from their mistakes.

I did appealed in the past but ban appeals lack moderator attention and rarely checks it. the last time I appealed it lasted for a few weeks but I never got any response

3 Likes

Given the timeframe that’s passed since your original ban was put into place along with you acknowledging your mistake, I think it’s fair to give that second chance.

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

#1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients]

All types of modified clients that deviate gameplay functionally in any way from the original Terraria client are forbidden; this also includes using 3rd party programs, such as Inventory Editors, to modify your character to possess impossibilities. However, texture packs are exempt.

Players violating this rule will be banned.

#2 Exploits

An exploit is unintended behaviour of the game that can be done without using third-party modifications (as that would be considered violation of S5#1). This also includes unintended behaviour of the server. The use of exploits is forbidden and punishable by a ban. It will be up to the discretion of staff to provide a warning instead, where an exploit has a minor impact.

(there’s an exploit including loadouts and it was considered to be “fly hack” that is all I know)

3 Likes

Checking the original ban again, it seems like it was only a modified client. As well, make sure you’re quoting the rules, not copying and pasting. If you don’t know how to specifically quote, check my previous reply.

3 Likes

The flying part comes within the exploit rule. The loadout exploit keeps the accessories, armor, vanity and dye’s

3 Likes

Was there another loadout exploit at the time that you were using? Because if it was just a modified client that you were using for stuff like flying, then the exploit rule covers that:

In other words, if you were only using a modified client, that would just be a violation of the modified clients rule which you described as breaking. I don’t see a mention of exploit abuse anywhere regarding your original ban.

3 Likes

[redacted description of the exploit used]

I don’t think there’s a fly hack in terraria because if it would exist it would be client side which makes you see from far away or you would have to teleport every time to fly hack. The only thing that could make you fly smoothly is getting wings or getting gravitational potion.

it’s impossible to sneak in items the only way to fly is using wings which is only obtainable using the loadout exploit

3 Likes

Oh, gotcha. Couldn’t really tell otherwise since I don’t have any evidence that was used to ban you to distinguish whether it was actually a modified client or an exploit you used. Let’s proceed.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes

I understand that I have broken the rules stated. It would be unfair for me to be more powerful that others.

I could avoid the breaking the rules again by using steam to open terraria.

I hereby swear to never break the rules because It would be unfair for the other players.

I understand that this is my last chance for changing my name to be a player instead of a hacker.

3 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes