Change Valiant ability

Face it, this ability is truly truly horrible. The passive regen is nothing to be proud of versus the confusion on fire and venom defects that you get from being hit. It’s much much worse than having no ability. I’d take the no ability over valiant even with the cost adjusted. It’s way worse than coward which is needed to unlock it. The ability needs to be changed which is up for discussion if this can be changed. This ability seems like it was created as a troll.

2 Likes

I personally find Valiant very good when combined with an ankh shield. The ankh shield negates most of the debuffs and once you get around 500 health, the other debuffs you get are negated from the regeneration

3 Likes

Compared to other abilities, valiant is one of the worst. It can sometimes even be deadly. I find it disappointing when I first tried the ability, considering how much effort i placed into getting it. Valiant is not even worth acquiring. I think Valiant should be a strong healing ability, that is not a team ability like shaman. Valiant should activate when attacking or after being attacked, the buffs should be longer and STRONGER. I also think valiant should give some defence that increases after every upgrade. This is just to make Valiant worth getting. Make valiant live up to its name

2 Likes

If the Valiant ability had only buffs, it wouldn’t be a good class as there are no risks to using the ability.
The reason Valiant has debuffs is to counteract the buffs so it’s not unenjoyable.

If you want an easy ability that has no real debuffs, I’d choose Shaman.

6 Likes

very true. I think a better solution would be to make the debuffs granted simply inconveniences, and take away the damage debuffs. Either that, or change valiant buffs to more offensive/mobility/defensive buffs to make it a lot more useful in a lot more situations. The amount of work put into getting it is honestly wasted.

heres the thing lanquio, no decent ability should have no negative effects. That simply makes it too easy. Either way, its not very satisfying either.

^

I disagree. A ‘no debuff’ ability is like time warp or telekinesis. Shaman has short-term health loss, which can hinder some players if they are at low hp anyway. It’s a short term inconvenience that pays off in the end. Shaman does have this sort of drawback.

5 Likes

can you give me a vote?

4 Likes

wdym vote?

5 Likes

vote on my suggestion to make it happen

4 Likes

I mean, if they’re in disagreement with your idea (give valiant 0 downsides) they probably aren’t going to hand over a vote.

5 Likes

one would assume that would be obvious, but uhmm…

5 Likes

ok this just turned into like a presidential campaign, wtf is going on

4 Likes

How about instead of making Valiant a braindead ability with no downsides (unlike every other ability bar dual wield, which is overpowered) we talk about reworking it? Maybe instead of obliterating your regen and ravaging your healthbar on-hit, it could primarily give annoying debuffs like Slowed, Confused, Distorted, Obstructed etc? Or it could still give damaging debuffs (to fit with the regen buffs) but less powerful ones like not Venom? And in exchange not all of the debuffs get nullified by Ankh Shield?

There are much better ways to make Valiant a good ability than just hurr-dee-durr I walk into thing and become immortal.

5 Likes

Valiant is a trash ability right now. Even without debuffs i still is not good. I think Valiant should active when attacking or after getting hit and the buffs should be longer. It should be a super healing ability, so you can fight VALIANTLY.

5 Likes

Hello! Your topic was in #suggestions, which is the wrong category because Valiant doesn’t exist outside of Zombies, it needs to be in #suggestions:zombies

6 Likes

Yes, it is a duplicate, but my wording is better and i find mine more convincing/attractive.

3 Likes

And how would that work, exactly? How would it give defense?

It basically does, though. If you’re up in the face of the enemy beating them to death, the ability activates to give you buffs. When you’re too up in the face of the enemy having them beat you to death, the ability activates to give you debuffs.

This, however, is fairly true. In the earlygame it’d be a lifesaver, but later on where you could never recover from a hit just with regeneration, where Srollers and Diabolists force you to pick between fighting fairly and face-to-face, Valiant would become obsolete again. Maybe we could consider buffs beyond regeneration? Or perhaps further increase its buffing range with levels, or switch up the regenerative buffs that do get applied to make them more potent, or consider even giving it a completely different attribute like partial hit regeneration?

3 Likes