Ability Balance Testing

Context

Some abilities are undergoing some changes, and we need help testing them.

Currently under review:

• Valiant
  • Vampirism
  • Sentry - reduce penalty of all sentries being wiped out
  • Guardian - underwhelming?
  • Anything else that happens to come up

Who

Anyone can join (up to the 12 player limit). You do not need to have unlocked the abilities being tested to be able to participate. To avoid overuse in testing, players (who are trading members at least) will be randomly selected per game to test the ability under scrutiny. They won’t be selectable via the usual command. Unlocks and XP/DP gains will be disabled.

This will be a live dev event, so you will need to be patient in between testing changes.

How to Participate

Once the event starts, there will be a Zombies Staging Lobby. You can join it at any time (unless it hits the player cap) by doing /join zs or /join zombiesstaging, you may end up joining at a high round, or during an intermission period, depending on what is happening. This is not a normal lobby; it will automatically close if I happen to disconnect or leave.

Vampirism Giveaway

A few users who participate long enough and are also Crew will be randomly selected to receive the full vampirism vanity set when the balance changes are pushed to live.

Poll

You can vote on this poll; the results should help determine when most players are available. Tick each time that you are available:

• 2022-08-25T10:00:00Z
  • 2022-08-25T12:00:00Z
  • 2022-08-25T14:00:00Z
  • 2022-08-25T16:00:00Z
  • 2022-08-25T18:00:00Z

0 voters

If it so happens that not many people are around, then the event may be moved to a different day.

Suggestions somewhat related to the Event

Change Valiant's buffs
Change Valiant ability

7 Likes

sadly these are all during my school hours

6 Likes

None of the times are on my hours.

3 Likes

oops i overslept

4 Likes

As a result of the poll the time is now set.

5 Likes

e okay i hope i will be awake at 1 am to participate

5 Likes

i will also invite my other friends if they go online

4 Likes

yay almost all my friends joined e rofle not loney

6 Likes

This session is now over, but the testing is not yet complete.

Here’s what we have looked at so far:

• Emitter being changed - interval on emitter is a bit much and its HP needs to be increased with upgrades
  • Vampirism - not properly tested Round 13+ due to bug, still waiting on ankh shield/related not being allowed
  • Guardian - tested out Night Guardian and Stay/Fight + Follow

Still not yet looked at (missing changes):

• Valiant

I’ll schedule another one soon, and hopefully, more changes will be ready.

9 Likes

Forgot to mention but vampirism “on fire” debuff can be negated by standing in water.
Only the regular one though

7 Likes

…and i missed everything how cool

will be there simillar stuff in future? if so, please notify in discord in #zombies-updates

5 Likes

pov: you cant play terraria

3 Likes

what caused your inability to play?

4 Likes

ignorance lol

7 Likes

my lack of device lol

4 Likes

Literally the 2 days i dont look at the forums and theres an event thingy

4 Likes