Call For Testing: EU Entrypoint Update & Survival 1.4.4.9

Entrypoint Update

Some new updates are coming through on the EU server entrypoint, but before I push them to live, I want to make sure that nothing is broken.
If some players are able to connect to it and let me know if everything is okay, then it can be released to live soon.

IP: eu-fra-2-unstable.t.dark-gaming.com
port: 7777

Note that all the dimensions (exception survival) are the same; only the entrypoint is changed, which may affect stability. That is why I need some people to test it. The updates to the entrypoint are mostly for administrative and moderation purposes, so you should not notice anything different.

Survival 1.4.4.9 Testing

In this unstable entrypoint the survival dimension is replaced with 1.4.4.9 testing of survival. This is not intending to go live soon. I’ve applied additional changes on top of the last testing that @Tejdxa did. This survival is also using just a copy of the real server data, so your items and anything else that is not updating automatically will be from the last time it was copied. The intention of this version of survival is purely for finding issues to help towards updating and is not meant as a proper weekly cycle like the real survival.

8 Likes

Are there any plans on the works for updating the Build dimension?

5 Likes

Everything seems to be working well, but with all the errors and warnings being spammed at you its hard to read chat sometimes.
(I assume these will be hidden in the future, or something)

A couple things i noted today:

• Deerclops can’t be summoned
    deerclops
  • Joining with Loadout 2 or 3 disconnects you, and you cant type “/rift” to go back and attempt to rejoin
    bug4
  • Using the Grand Design spits out this message, though you cant use it in normal survival either
    bug11
  • Aether Torches can’t be placed
    bug6
  • Joining spits out a whole bunch of messages (though this probably happens “behind the scenes” in regular survival)

• Shimmer Arrows are infinite
    bug3
  • This message showed up in pre-hardmode, for some reason
    bug10
  • Duke has way more health than ML, while every other boss had regular scaling
    duke3
    ml
  • Enchanted Moondial works (I accidentally used it and wasn’t recording, so i have no footage)

Other than all that, its perfectly fine

3 Likes

Yeah, but I’m not sure what the hurdles are for that, because most of this updating work has been done by @Tejdxa - I’m right now trying to make sure everything is updated before then next Terraria update so we only have 2 versions (1.4.4.9 and 1.4.5) rather than 3 versions to work with.

5 Likes

I think that might be an issue with the entrypoint. I wonder if anyone has got kicked from a dimension for any other reason and it causes the same issue.

I believe there’s two of these, one from dying, and another I’ve not experienced may be items from the normal character, is that what yours as pictured is?

When was the last time this happened?

These are only enabled on unstable because it helps report bugs

4 Likes

Sometimes opening crates doesn’t give you items unless you spam open it

4 Likes

which crates?

4 Likes

Damn, I was going to make a comment on this but it seems you’ve already done it for me.

3 Likes

Though, you did forget;

• Upgrade items (such as aether star) cannot be used.
    (WILL ATTACH VIDEO LATER VERY BUSY)
  • Crafting boulders only webs instead of stones and webs.
    I will add more to this later, since I am busy right now.
4 Likes

Not sure but some like golden crates and sky crates

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I was having a similar issue when trying to open boss bags.
Trash can has that problem too when you put too many items.

4 Likes

Today. It happens every time you use them

I think so, those are some items I had in a loadout

Sky crates, mainly

And i’ve noticed that Skiph’s and Aaron’s dev sets are unobtainable from treasure bags

4 Likes

that would’ve been great to know

4 Likes

Out of all the issues experienced is there any that anyone would consider needing to be fixed for a proper survival week playthrough?

I’m assessing priorities because maybe we have time to move this over to live before reset

4 Likes

All I can think of is fixing the Deerclops summoner
Or changing the Moondial to have the same permissions as the Sundial to avoid people using it during boss fights, as Rose mentioned here

3 Likes

BUG FOUND
I entered survival and I’m selecting night’s edge
Slot and it starts swinging crazy verry fast that it feels like I’m hacking
Also for food if you select the slot with food you will hear food eating non stop like spamming I will get the footage and edit if I got it

3 Likes

i also saw this on the survival-general channel in the discord

3 Likes

You can say almost the same as my problem

3 Likes

Weird, I could’ve sworn I updated those crates. Seems like I maybe have missed a few items

4 Likes

Only in this version

3 Likes