BobbySauce ban appeal for Advertising

Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
I was banned for advertising from posting an ip in the chat, and I apologize.

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
This was a long time ago, back then I didn’t know but now I am well aware I was breaking the rules.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Though it was on accident with young me trying to play with a friend, it was a completely fair ban, considering I DID post an ip in chat.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
It’s been years since ive been on this server, and I would like to come back. I couldn’t use steam since my brother was always online and we had the same account so I tried something else, which was not smart of me. I promise to never do anything like this again, i just want to finally see the server again

4 Likes

You need to follow the format.
Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

4 Likes

I have edited it to follow the format. Thanks

4 Likes

I have edited it to follow the format correctly

4 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

4 Likes

Sorry for all the confusion. I have put the specified broken rule into the appeal.

3 Likes

Revert the change you made to your original appeal, and post the quote as a reply instead.

3 Likes

#10 Advertising

Publicly displaying, trying to display or sending anything closely related to a foreign IP or domain is forbidden. This includes IPv6, IPv4 and local network IP addresses. If you want to tell friends of another server, use “/w” to chat to the player directly. It is a violation if you use /w or other commands to send out to random players foreign IP addresses or domains as a way of bypassing public chat for advertising. You are allowed to advertise a domain such as “youtube.com ” as it is already commonly known and not directly associated with the content and environment of our servers.

3 Likes

Almost… It’s not a proper quote yet. Do edit it; refer to this guide (How to quote the rules) .

3 Likes

Alright, sorry for the confusion, I got it

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?
  2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?
  3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?
  4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?
3 Likes
  1. I do understand that putting an IP in public chat is advertising and is a fair ban.
  2. Yes, I will no longer post IPs or servers in chat again.
  3. I agree to never break this rule or any rules again.
  4. I understand I cannot be unbanned again if I break the rules again. I will not do this.
3 Likes

Good. Before I unban you, mind checking if you do have a ban link (which should appear for most players if they attempt to join the game while banned)? If none, tell me the date when you were banned. I need the info so I’m able to find your TShock ban and lift it.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it was a long time ago so I do not have the date. It was about 4 years ago and the account name is BobbySauce.
I understand if you can’t lift the ban due to this.

3 Likes

It’ll maybe take a while, but I think that is enough information.

You said four years ago, so 2017 correct?

3 Likes

Yes, I believe the ban happened in 2017.

4 Likes

Invisi, I got the ban link
It appeared on my screen attempting to join dark gaming again
It shows a very recent ban and I’m not sure why but here
ban.dark-gaming.com/6937

4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted . Your ban has been lifted.

2 Likes