Banned for abusing glitch in survival

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Dark Gaming | DTP - Ban View (AtomicTheGoon) I abused a glitch that enabled me to get a solar flare pickaxe at the start of survival. I found an exploit that if you spam click an item in your hot bar while in the rift, there is a chance it will show up in survival. I was banned for using a modified client, but that simply isn’t true. Nevertheless I abused an exploit and that was wrong of me.

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I was not aware of the actual rule at the time, but I knew it was probably not allowed. Even if I knew it was probably not allowed I should have never acted upon it. After reevaluating the rules I found that I broke this rule: [quote=“popstarfreas, post:1, topic:421”]

#6 Exploits

Abusing or otherwise using an exploit is forbidden and you will be banned if you use them. This does not include hoik’s.
[/quote]

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I do believe the ban was fair, I had an item that gave me an unfair advantage and ruined the fun of progression in survival.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I will never abuse exploits again, it ruins the game for everyone else if you are able to get overpowered gear for little to no effort. I also believe that this post may provide further insight as to how I was able to perform the glitch, so hopefully it can be patched in the future.

3 Likes

Your appeal is invalid because Q1 doesn’t contain a link.
Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

3 Likes

Thanks I appreciate you replying, I made the necessary corrections.

3 Likes

Other players told you to not keep the pickaxe and even yourself said you’d trash. Clearly says here that keeping hacked/exploited items are bannable and then you ignored it.

b
Later on I checked your inventory and you still had the Solar Flare Pickaxe. Why did you decided to ignore the warnings?

4 Likes

I should have trashed the pick, it was inexcusable of me to hold onto it. They told me to not keep it, and yet I did not listen to their warning. On top of that I still had some hellstone gear/ore from the mining prior. I should have not ignored the warnings, I knew it would give me an unfair advantage if I held onto it, and yet, I still did. I should have trashed the items I collected immediately after I was warned. I should have never lied to how I collected the resources. I should have listened the first time, trashed the pick, and the other items I wrongly collected. It was wrong of me to ever hold onto the hellstone and solar flare pick after told not to, and it was disrespectful to the server as a whole. I should have incorporated this vital information into the post and it was wrong of me to cherry pick details. I apologize for my wrongdoings. The ban was fair, and you did your job well.

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

This is the rule I violated:

2 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes
  1. I understand, I used an exploit that allowed me to glitch a solar flare pickaxe from the rift, and promptly used that item to unfairly get myself hellstone.
  2. I understand, I will not use any sort of glitch to give myself an unfair advantage.
  3. I agree, I will not break the same rule in the future. I learned my lesson.
  4. I understand that in the future if I break the rule I was banned for I will not be able to appeal again.
2 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes