Banned 2 years ago

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban
Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
First time as ajreakhg no, i was false banned. Second time as DARKchristmastree i did, i revenge-cheated

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
The first time it wasnt, i got banned for picking up a meowmere that someone dropped and was using it. I can see how that was suspicious cause i had no armor. Second time it was, used TT2 to make my weapons do more damage and some other stuff that i dont remember.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Well it has been 2 years and the staff member that banned me was demoted from what i’ve heard.

2 Likes

Reply so that it won’t get closed

2 Likes

This does not make a whole lot of sense. If you were falsely banned, the most sensible thing to do would be to make an appeal, and explain yourself. Why would you evade your ban and start cheating? Something is not adding up. This is also assuming that you are being honest about not originally cheating, which I am not convinced of either. I found some evidence suggesting that you may have in fact have been cheating on your ajreakhg account:

At the very least, you pirated terraria. This does not prove that you were cheating, but I do know that some free terraria clients come preinstalled with modifications that make cheating possible. Also, Madeira would not have banned you unless you were absolutely cheating, and your claim that you evaded your original ban specifically to cheat only strengthens their case against you.

Why should this make any difference? When staff members leave, those of us remaining move in to take their place and responsibilities. Their bans are still valid until proven otherwise.

I am a little confused as to why you expect us to want to unban you after you admit to “revenge cheating”. All this does is prove that you likely deserved your original ban, and solidifies the fact that you most likely cannot be trusted to follow the rules. Please explain why you should be trusted going forth. Simply being banned for two years does not warrant being unbanned.

2 Likes

alright so i did make an appeal stating i was falsely banned but at the time i didnt even know what caused my ban so the appeal didnt even talk about the meowmere, i then made an appeal “confessing” thinking that i would get unbanned for that. i have been using cracked terraria, yes. It does not have preinstalled cheats, i can confirm that. i used tt2 to cheat the second time. When i revenge cheated, i was immature and thought that it would be a good way to get back at the server. I know it’s stupid, but i was an idiot back then, and i have changed during those 2 years, I promise that i will not cheat/break the rules again.

2 Likes

The issue is that I cannot confirm that. Honestly, I am still having a hard time trying to understand why you needed to evade your ban specifically to cheat. What were you trying to prove? Cheating has very little real impact on the server itself. It gives the cheater an unfair advantage, and may inconvenience those that have to deal with them, but no one is particularly hurt by doing this. Could you please explain further what you meant by “it would be a good way to get back at the server”?

2 Likes

I didn’t actually try to evade my ban intentionally, i ended up switching my router some time after i got banned the first time and realized that when i joined the server i was no longer banned so i just decided to get some cheats on and start cheating, i considered it revenge but it really wasnt, i wasnt really doing much other than making a fool of myself and getting some unfair advantages in zombies. Thats what i mainly played on, ended up going to survival after some time and got banned there. My thought process when i decided to cheat was “well since i can rejoin this server again and i just found this app that lets you modify terraria so im just gonna cheat on the server, after all they are the ones who false banned me for picking up a meowmere and messing around with it so they are clearly in the wrong, right?” I realize how wrong this way of thinking was, the server wasnt responsible for my false ban, and i do agree that i was very suspicious while using the meowmere, i looked very much like a cheater. I should also mention that my ban appeal was not that good, to say the least, and when i decided to do a false confession i ruined all chances to get unbanned, that was a very stupid idea, i noticed that a lot of ban appeals that denied having cheated were generally denied and a lot of confessions were accepted so i decided to make a false confession. This was after i made the appeal stating that i was falsely banned, which was a terrible look for me. I might have made an appeal for DARKchristmastree, the account i used to cheat, on another account. Don’t remember much about that one but it was very low effort. Either way, i realize that the server is not at fault, and that i made a mistake by picking up and using the meowmere in the first place, not realizing that it could have been obtained through unfair methods. About the cracked terraria, i can provide the link i got it from, if asked.

2 Likes

I will proceed with this appeal since you seem serious about being unbanned. Just know that ban evasion usually ruins a player’s chances of successfully appealing. Since you have put quite a bit of effort into this appeal, and have seemingly not evaded your ban since, I will overlook this just this once.

2 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

2 Likes

It’s this one.

2 Likes

Yes that is correct.

2 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

2 Likes
  1. Yes i understand why i broke the rules, used a modified client.
  2. Yes i understand how to avoid using a modified client.
  3. I will not cheat in the future, as i’ve stated in my replies.
  4. Yes i understand why i won’t be able to appeal if i cheat again.
2 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

2 Likes