Ban of anni

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: i believe it is for griefing as the staff member siad “you broke my lake” before he kicked me
[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
yes… but i didnt break the griefing rule… it was small grief…

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
No, your rules state that small grief is 0-15 blocks broken… i broke 6 which i would return when i was done… there was also no damage as the lake was still fishable

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
the ban was an miss understanding and it was smallgrief. there was also no warnings as stated on your rules.

3 Likes

There is no misunderstanding. You intentionally broke my build for personal gain. I banned you not only for griefing my lake, but also because if you are willing to break other people builds they work hard on just for personal profit and convenience, I do not believe you deserve access to our server. There was no warning given because regardless if I warned you or not, I would have to take time to fix my build. I can almost certainly guarantee you would not have helped me rebuild it, I don’t think anyone would if they are bold enough to grief while the owner is using their build.

Here you ask if my lake qualifies as a surface lake:

I tell you no, and you immediately break my build and tell me it still functions as an oasis spot. What really bothered me is that you think that behavior is fine. Whether it still functions as an oasis spot is irrelevant, you have no reason to break builds that are not yours, claimed or not. This lake was intended for everyone to fish at. I never asked you to leave it either, I wanted everyone to benefit from it.

Here is my build, I do not have a before image since I never plan on having my stuff griefed:

Earlier in chat, I asked about where a surface lake was:
anni 3

There are always MULTIPLE naturally-spawning surface lakes, and it takes zero effort to find them. You chose to instead break mine (I had to manually fill) for personal convenience and profit. It is not about how many blocks were broken, it is about you intentionally doing this without a second thought.

You then run to the server’s discord as shown below:
anni 4

Have I really done anything that would even remotely classify as mod abuse? I banned you because I saw everything take place, and saw a direct motive behind your actions. I didn’t ban you simply because it happened to me, I would have done the same thing if anyone else complained about you doing so. If you have no respect for other players then you do not deserve to be a part of our server, that is what I believe.

I have noticed a new trend common with most new players in survival: a general lack of respect for others, and an extreme sense of self-entitlement. I intend to change that, and I intend to do so quickly and clearly.

If you would like to respond, feel free to. This ban is not a mistake, nor is it a misunderstanding.

3 Likes

i understand now the reason. i have broken the rules and i have done so for self gain. i didn’t know it was yours but someone built it so i have griefed. my only reasonbi have fir unban is it was small grief with under 15 blocks broken.

2 Likes

i will not do any type of griefing again anyway. i tried to make the lake a aosis and surface but it wasn’t my build nor decision

2 Likes

As long as you understand that and are willing to change, I will proceed with the appeal.

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

Blockquote
#3 Small Griefing

Blockquote
Any Griefing as small as 0-15 blocks, collectively including all grief found, is not bannable, but the player will be warned.

2 Likes

That is not quite it. On your ban link I put rules S0#4 (community) and S2#1 (griefing). Please properly quote those rules. Refer to How to quote the rules if you need to.

3 Likes

Blockquote

#4 Community

Blockquote
Any actions, which may or may not include those covered by the rules in the other sections, which go against other users specifically to ruin their experience in the community, may be banned without warning. This rule will only be applied when it is clear that a user is trying to ruin another member’s experience by repeated insults, teasing or other means.

Blockquote

#1 Griefing

Blockquote
Griefing is the removal/addition of blocks to another player’s structure without their permission to do so. Griefing is punishable by no other than a ban and will not expire. Protection is irrelevant in all cases of grief. It is only there to avoid having others break this rule.

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sure how you are doing the whole blockquote thing, but that is not correct. Did you refer to How to quote the rules?

3 Likes

this is right i think

2 Likes

Yes it is.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes

1 yes
2 yes
3 i agree and also not any other rules
4 yes

2 Likes

btw approved?

2 Likes

No, I checked the ban manager and it appears that you tried to evade your ban shortly after being banned. The system autobanned a player named anni, and I do not think that is a coincidence. Also both IPs give data from very similar locations so I have good reason to believe you tried to evade your ban. This appeal is denied.

3 Likes