Ban Appeal for sz

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No, I looked on the rules before I played and I did not see any rules against draining the ocean, however I may have to go check again.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
No, I do not think my ban is fair as I did not see draining the ocean as a bannable offense, and people were doing it before so I didn’t think it was wrong.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I didn’t know what I did was against the rules and I will not do it again, I also really enjoy playing on this server and if I don’t know what I will spend my free time on if I’m banned.

5 Likes

You need to follow the format. Post your ban link under [Q1]. This can be found by trying to access the server.

Do not post a new appeal; edit your existing one. Post a reply here once you have made the corrections.

6 Likes

I hav made the corrections.

4 Likes

Well first off, why would you assume that draining the ocean would be an acceptable thing to do? Fishing is a vital source of resources for many people during the early stages of prehardmode. It ruins a lot of beginning players’ chances to progress, since good weapons/accessories can be obtained here.

There is not a rule specifically against griefing the ocean, however this action broke:

You intended to ruin other players’ experiences by draining the ocean, and you broke blocks with the intention to drain the ocean. While the oceans are not owned by anyone, they are a community resource, so they should not be altered maliciously.

Furthermore, you mention under [Q3]:

What is not fair about this? I actually expressed twice that I was tired of people draining the ocean, and made clear once that if I found out who was doing this, they would be banned. Just because you have seen others do this and get away with it does not mean this is acceptable behavior.

sz8

You were online when I said this, since less than a minute after I said what I did above you were talking in chat.

sz10

sz11

Here is the evidence I have that proves you were the one responsible for griefing the oceans:

This is you about to grief the ocean according to chat

Here is you breaking the few remaining blocks containing the ocean

Please explain why you think you were banned unfairly, and why you think draining the ocean is in fact an acceptable thing to do. You were online when I made it clear that whoever was draining the oceans would face consequences, and chose to do so anyways.

4 Likes

Alright, I change my mind, I was banned fairly, however just because I was online when you posted that message doesn’t mean that I saw it but anyways I agree now that what I did was wrong, also I didn’t drain the entire ocean I wasn’t the one who drained the entirety of rocean and locean, I started draining it 3-5 minutes before I was banned because I was mad about something. I agree I was wrong though so I will come back at a later time to appeal my ban again.

4 Likes

You do not need to come back at a later time or give up, I have not denied this appeal. I just want to understand your motive behind doing what you did, and determine if you are likely to follow the rules if unbanned. I have to do this or I am not allowed to proceed.

5 Likes

My motive is that I was mad about my fishing glitching out and I would lose all of my items as soon as I got it causing me to lose a bunch of valuable stuff, I was fishing at the ocean when I got a golden carp and then lost it due to the glitch and I decided to drain part of the ocean, this was when most of it was already drained, I was also mad because someone kept following me on my land and taking my bait without asking so that was another reason why I did it, basically I was mad so I decided to drain part of the ocean.

5 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

4 Likes

Its kind of griefing although I wasn’t breaking other players blocks

Definately broke this rule though

4 Likes

That is correct.

4 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

4 Likes
  1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. I agree.
  4. I understand.
4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

5 Likes