Ban Appeal for a fault with autoban

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No I did not

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I don’t think it was fair. Because I was continuing a joke that EoL made saying “Fun fact: I already have Frostspark shoes” and another person said “Fun fact: I already have terraspark” And then I continued the joke leaving a fake ip address, that is apparently advertising

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
Because I think this is a fault in the autoban system and I was banned unfairly without knowing that sending a fake IP address would get me banned

4 Likes

This is a system ban

Did you know before you got banned that the filter bans real IPs?

3 Likes

No I did not

4 Likes

So basically the IP filter automatically bans anything that looks like an IP (except older version numbers which are whitelisted) even if the text you got banned for was not a valid IP.

Do you understand now how the IP filter works and that you should not enter any multi dotted number even as a joke? If yes, then we can proceed to the next stage of this appeal.

3 Likes

Yes I understand now

4 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

I read through the rules and found this

5 Likes

This is the correct rule.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes

I understand

4 Likes

Do you understand all 4 questions so that you can answer them 100% surely with yes?

3 Likes

Yes I understand all 4 questions

4 Likes

Is your answer to all four of them a definitive yes?

3 Likes

My answer is a yes

4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes