Ban appeal by TopGamingYT

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
ban.dark-gaming.com/10478

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
Yes and I broke this rules:

#1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients]

All types of modified clients that deviate gameplay functionally in any way from the original Terraria client is forbidden; this also includes using 3rd party programs, such as Inventory Editors, to modify your character to possess impossibilities. However, texture packs are exempt*. Warnings may be given; however, due to the nature of the people using these clients, warnings may not be required. In cases where this negatively affects other players, to a degree of selfishness, then the ban may not be appealed.
People using any Modifications for PvP Advantages are deemed worse. Therefore, they should not be warned and instead banned

• That do not alter game mechanics (e.g. hitboxes, visibility of tiles/walls, visibility of lighting). In other words, they must keep all things intact that the originals do except the art style.

and

#2 Exploits

An exploit is unintended behaviour of the game that can be done without using third-party modifications (as that would be considered violation of S5#1). This also includes unintended behaviour of the server. The use of exploits is forbidden and punishable by a ban. It will be up to the discretion of staff to provide a warning instead, where an exploit has a minor impact.
Exceptions to this rule are:

• Hoiks

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Yes, but i think after reporting it I will not be banned

[Q4] Why should we unban you?

1. The server did not take my items, so I decided to check, if it was possible to get into the arena this way, and I didn’t bypass SSC
  2. I didn’t know you could get banned when investigating a bug and showing it to admins.
    I’m really sorry for doing this(about hack, of course), and I promise, it won’t happen again.
  3. Item dimension, don’t wanna waste my time reforging item
    P.S. Also I didn’t know that for Full brightness I can get a ban.
3 Likes

You weren’t banned for reporting a bug, you were banned because you (evidently) used a modified client, any bugs you could possibly experience could simply be down to using a modified client.

Why do you think that something like full bright would be allowed?

5 Likes

Yeah, i understood that.

In zombies, there some map, where you can’t find chests for upgrade, so i thought, maybe everyone can use full bright, but i was wrong, and I realized it only today after the ban

3 Likes

So, will you unban me?

3 Likes

Someone, please answer

3 Likes

Please unban me, I want to test 1.4.4 zombie mode

3 Likes

Still no response

3 Likes

Are you able to remove all modifications made to your client? Are you going to be able to ensure that you are not purposely or accidentally running a client with modifications when on the server?

5 Likes

Yes, i can

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

5 Likes

I broke this rules:

and

3 Likes

Your quotes are not correct, they need to link to the actual rules, which you can see in this example from the linked thread:

5 Likes

Edited, now?

3 Likes

Not so sure you broke S5#2 Exploits since fullbright is not an exploit, and behaviour that is broken due to using a modified client is still just S5#1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients].

Is there a reason you put S5#2 Exploits?

5 Likes

Yes, there exploit, when you break blocks fast, when they break you can walk through them, and then the blocks are restored, this is how i got into arena

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

4 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. I understand
3 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

5 Likes