Ban Appeal - #11654

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I was not paying too much attention to the rules at the time of the ban. I was barely following the in-game rules and breaking S0#6 by the time of the ban. The moderator warned me about the rule I broke, yet I continued to misbehave in the server.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
The ban was fair because telling users about VPNs to evade warnings can be considered a violation of the S0#6 rule. Telling users about how to evade their warning is forbidden, especially if they are a guest user. If a guest user evaded a warning, they would not be tracked very effectively. This is why my ban is fair.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
It has been three months since my original in-game ban and I have changed. I pay more attention to what is happening now, and I was a regular in this server by the time of the ban. I understand that I was banned and that by going back into the server, I agree to the Terraria Server Rules, and the Forum Rules. Back then, I was an annoying user that told users how bad survival was, and also barely tried to follow the rules. When I was silenced on 05-09-2023, I was silenced for not following the forum rules either. I had a decent-sized history of violations on the server, and the forum. A few days ago, I was unsuspended because I knew I was ready to return. Time has changed, and I have changed. I am accountable for the actions I have done, and I was also testing to see how far I went without being banned, which was not a very nice thing to do on this server.

4 Likes

You very clearly cared about the rules, given your history and your past actions with reporting rulebreakers in the community and whatnot. So why did you actively attempt to push the limits of what was and wasn’t allowed? Why did you continue pushing the rules both on the server and the forums to the point of being completely suspended from both?

3 Likes

Key: sourced, normal, focused

I had pushed the limits of what was and what was not allowed (most likely due to the fact) that I was trying to get away with what I could do and what I could not do. I can prove that based on the reports that were made towards me such as the Da Creeper trying to get players to accidentally ban themselves report that was made towards me on 2022-08-08T07:00:00Z. The first ban was done because I had DMmed another user to say the IP address 1.4.4.9 (actually a game version) back then, which was an example of pushing the limit. Second example of me pushing the limits of what was and what was not allowed was another in-game example where I was typing an ALL-CAPS message in phase. I had done that action because I knew phase was down and I thought that was another time where the rules can be pushed (it was not.) The third example of this case was where over April, I had entered spam quite frequently on Phase. I had tried to spam lightly but barely to try and stay in the rules (no no no, i was pushing the limits) and I understand that in that scenario it broke the spam rule, but I pushed it. Looking forward to today, I was banned for aiding rule breaks. I thought I was able to get away by telling another person how to go against their ban. However, this was not the case. I had pushed the limits too many times and I was banned in-game.

I had pushed the limits actively because I thought I was able to get away with barely complying with the rules. However, one must follow the server rules at all times, and cannot create loopholes to try and get away with doing something bad.

Source - All Caps Example

I had continued to push the rules on both the server and the forums to the point of being suspended from both because I thought that staying borderline with the rules was barely complaint with being allowed on the server. I was pushing both the forum and server rules. However, in that case, it was not OK and therefore Glasia banned me from those two services, because I was causing too much trouble on the forum and I had a long history of punishments.

Forum Non-Compliance

I had broken the forum rules many time going as far as to receive a forum suspension for several months. I had randomly invited Glasia to a flag, spamming the forum and receiving a warning for being a spammer. I also was abusing discobot on the forums publicly, and I was entering an off-topic reply on the forums to spam staff notifications. I also PMmed a staff member about their ban appeal skill “sucking”, which was totally rude. People do mistakes else we would not be people if we never make mistakes. The biggest problem was that I was inviting users to the warning messages, which was spamming staff’s notifications and making the forum more troublesome for the staff. I was also silenced on 07-15-2022 due to the abuse above. This would continue though, because in April, I was warned for edit-warring a guide, spamming on a newly-created topic, and spamming tags (abusing TL3) on a topic where you can edit the title of the post. I also necroposted. This then ultimately led to a silence. However, I spammed staff PMs while silenced, causing staff to have a hard time, and this therefore caused me to be suspended from the forum to take time off.

I had continued pushing the rules of the server and led to being banned everywhere because I thought I could get away with doing all this stuff, yet that was not appropriate.

3 Likes

If your actions are enough to get you a warning regarding the rules even if said actions aren’t explicitly breaking the rules, then that’s something you should keep in mind so that you’re not breaking them in the future. After all, warnings are meant to serve as advice to make sure that a player doesn’t break the rules again in the future. If you’re receiving a warning even if you’re not directly breaking the rules, shouldn’t that be a sign to not do that again in the future? Is that something you’ll keep in mind if you were unbanned?

3 Likes

I will keep this in mind since warnings are meant to keep the player from breaking the rules in the future. These warnings are set to prevent the person that recieved the warning from breaking any future rules.

Correct, a warning can be considered as a sign to not do it again in the future. A warning could mean that you could be taking it a little too far.

I will keep this in mind when I am unbanned from the server; warnings are there because they could be a sign you could be breaking rules if you get a little far.

3 Likes

Alright, then.

3 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

This rule was broken before I got banned.

3 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

3 Likes
  1. Yes, it broke rules due to a S0#4 violation.
  2. Yes, I can avoid this by not telling players about how to bypass warnings.
  3. Yes, I agree that I will not break the same rules in the future.
  4. Yes, I understand that if I break any of the rules that I was banned for already, I will not be able to appeal anymore.
3 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes