Auto banned for posting an ip after entering a long version number

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Auto chat ban, server presumed version number is an IP

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
no, i did not think posting a 5 digit version number (1.2.0.3.5) was a reason for an IP ban.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
no, since it was a false ban for mentioning a version number during a conversation.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
although the ban may be unfair, i also think i have done a fair mistake in still not using /whisper to use such a conversation, and during this time i also gained some small knowledge about other auto ban causes. i will try to not accidentally get banned again for the same reason. i think i can be a generally friendly player so this kind of problem is going to be my last ban hopefully.

3 Likes

What dimension was this in?

3 Likes

it was in pvp

3 Likes

You were banned for saying 1.1.3.5.
Note that, 1.1.3.5 is not a game version, it is however an ipv4 address (https://ip-api.com/#1.1.3.5).

2 Likes

with that in mind when packet traced (atleast i remember it being) 1.1.3.5 is still an national test ip used for testing packet strength and speed, aside from that the intention in message was more diverted to not being realistic, and 1.1.3.5 was the test version for the nintendo 3ds.

3 Likes

I see no proof of either of those things. Any sources?

3 Likes

i have no proof about its use in the chat, because i basically intended the 1.1.3.5 to be used as a sort of a joke, but to confirm that everything related to the packet test ill try my best to include it through discord dms, and plus it is also local in china so it is semi impossible to test a packet from there, and for the Nintendo switch it is just pure memory and i am not sure if i remember it. but as an end point i would just like to say that the intention for saying the “1.1.3.5” was purely un-related to any advertisement

3 Likes

Right but it’s not possible to detect intention. “1.1.3.5” is an ipv4 address, and not a game version (so it isn’t whitelisted as permissible). That’s why the system banned you.

Note the wording here:

This isn’t just a rule, it’s a warning that if you violate that rule in chat, it’s an automatic ban. In-fact, out of all the rules this is the only one that is unbiasedly enforced. Considering what your messages were, it is clear to me that you were not advertising another server, which means that under these circumstances there’s no real barrier to getting unbanned. However, I do not enforce this rule, the system does, which is why we need to be clear still so that you don’t get banned again since I have to take time to handle the appeals and check the facts.

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

3 Likes

and maybe this rule in a way:

3 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

3 Likes