Add gms in pools

There are only 1 working pool in /gamemodes. And people just dont know about others gms. I saw few closing gms just because no active. Are you really sure that people knows about that

???

Yes… because there is only one finished Gamemode. Duels is a gamemode, but it still in development. GunGame hasn’t even been released yet. I think you might be confused about the term Gamemode versus the other actual dimensions.

Gamemodes are minigames, like Zombies. The other dimensions, like PvP, are similar, but focus more on vanilla mechanics like …fighting? rather than an entirely unique game and engine.

What do you mean by this? There have been no gamemodes that have been closed completely. The closest thing I can think of is private lobbies of Zombies being closed to the public? Those haven’t been removed, just limited, to manage server resouces (since Rofle does not have infinite money).

3 Likes

I saw yems’s suggestion with closing gm or i just stupid

1 Like

Which do you mean by this? I don’t think yems has talked about anything like this recently, if ever.

2 Likes

And this is really single reason to not add it?!

1 Like

Not recently, as i remember, July

1 Like

can you send a link?

1 Like

I saw it about 3 weeks ago

1 Like

July of last year is not recent. Also his suggestion might not have been accepted?

Well yes. I suppose it wouldn’t make much of a difference if it was added to Gamemodes. If you wanted that specifically, it might be more clear to say that. However, adding Duels to Gamemodes would end up with lots of new players coming in to Duels, which is not as new-user friendly as Zombies. This is why Duels is usually played only by PvP veterans or regulars on the server: if Duels was added before its completion there would be tons of “matches” consisting of people attempting to fight with copper shortswords. I believe this is probably why Duels needs to be more completed before it is added into Gamemodes.

2 Likes

I don’t think that is a good idea,

Mostly duels requiere some type of respect from the 2 players, having random people will end on insults everywhere,Hackers on duels,and may be people using it as a afk chat room,
and also, the limited server resources doesn’t help, if i remember correctly, Gamemodes dimension has 12 Servers to play, So if Duels become public, the number of servers will not be enough for the player’s number
(Zombies can handle 12 players, so normally would be like 144 players the max ,Or maybe also 100 for the hardcore ones and duels)
And also this is without counting that lobbies close in zombies, Making even smaller the number

2 Likes

Its public rn

1 Like

I know, but what i want to mean is that if the duels mode is at the view of everyone, Will overload the servers,because everyone will want to join

In the current way that is public, but only commands accesible makes that people needs to stay in server more time, gaining a little more of trust., and as sayed before:

Will deplete the number of spaces to play in zombies modes, so this can be used in some way of discrete griefing (on my perspective)

2 Likes

Duels was never intended to be added to a pool to begin with(I believe). It’s being implemented in gamemodes because there’s likely an ease of mind hosting it there for future development. I believe the entire idea was for it to be accessed by proposing a duel to someone via chat/commands, as it was before going there.

Each Duel lobby, similar to Zombies lobbies, are basically new dimensions. If we wanted to make duel lobbies as accessible as zombies lobbies, that would entail using quite a lot of server resources that I don’t think are available.

Once Duels’ development is fleshed out, what will likely happen is that the spawn system in PvP will change to accommodate it. You’d then choose to FFA or Duel, and this would function similar to Peds. There was already a lobby built at some point for this, but I don’t recall if that got wiped in the map transfer or not.

2 Likes

If you mean the spliced-together one for Duels, that still shows up when you start a duel, albeit only for five seconds until the lobby loads.

Duels will eventually become public, like Madeira said, so I assume there is some plan for this. I don’t know of any details though.

2 Likes

That’s actually just another duel arena (/warp duel4 in /pvp iirc).

The plan was this Duels as a Gamemode
It will eventually forward a duel to PvP itself.

2 Likes

They look very similar, but the 5-second lobby is different. I noticed this because it had some hallowed trees, which the duel5 doesn’t. I think it’s a combination of duel4, duel5, and some small new builds.

1 Like

Close this, i understood that duel won’t added.

1 Like