A Jerk's Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
Link: Ban

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
No. I only looked at the forums once, and that time was to see if I could get an issue resolved. Never saw any other posts, therefore I never read the rules.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Absolutely. I did know that swearing and adding unnecessary sexual references in chat would have some major repercussion at one point in time. Tripping into my stupidity once more, I decided to continue with this far from adequate attitude for more than I should’ve.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I firmly believe that I have truly learnt my punishing and harsh lesson the tough way. The reason why I want to be unbanned is because of the huge potential I wasted when I did these indisputably bad actions towards several people. I now realize that instead of making that the end of the line, I could’ve simply been sincere and rational, and avoid this whole situation completely. There is truly so much to enjoy in this server that I didn’t realize until last month when I was already far beyond the idea of returning. Furthermore, I feel a pretty heavy sense of pity and solidarity for the people I insulted almost every day, and like any person, I regret doing that. I understand that my actions are probably unjustifiable by this point and what I believe is this loosely held appeal won’t fix them or get me back in the server. But it’s worth a shot.

6 Likes

Well it’s definitely been a while since I banned you, and what you wrote gives me reason to believe that you have indeed changed, so I see no reason not to proceed with the appeal.

7 Likes

Can you read the rules and quote the rule(s) you broke? Do this in a new reply, don’t edit your appeal. If you do not know how to quote the rules, read the guide How to quote the rules.

If you do not identify the right rule(s) that you broke or you do not know which ones you broke, I can make it clear.

7 Likes

Thank you for a sincere, honest response.

7 Likes

[quote=“system, post:1, topic:421”]

#5 Profanity and Related

Profanity and related language is to be used rarely and may not be used against someone.
[/quote

6 Likes

I really was not concerned too much with what you did in the build dimension, S1#5: Profanity and Related was what I meant. Please fix the quoting of S1#5, reference what you did with S2#1 and apply it to the one I mentioned. If you need help on quoting please reference How to quote the rules .

6 Likes

I’d rather have you explain what rules I broke, I don’t know much about quoting and I think the article on how to quote doesn’t explain much outside of well, how to quote.

6 Likes

Well the rule you broke was:

It should appear just like it does in my response now.

6 Likes

Oh, thanks for the clarification. So what processes go down next?

5 Likes

Well you need to properly quote the rule still.

5 Likes

#5 Profanity and Related

Profanity and related language is to be used rarely and may not be used against someone.
[/quote]

6 Likes

Apparently im doing something wrong. Is this step required, and if so. Why?

6 Likes

It is required, I have to follow procedure. Select the whole rule header and the contents, click quote, put some text above the quote, and hit reply.

6 Likes

Here it is, hopefully it works.

4 Likes

That is correct.

4 Likes
  1. Do you understand why what you did broke the rules stated?

2. Do you understand how you can avoid breaking them again?

3. Do you agree that you will not break the same rules in the future?

4. Do you understand that if in the future you break any of the rules that you were banned for already, that you will not be able to appeal again (unless the ban was a mistake or due to extenuating circumstances)?

4 Likes
  1. Yes. I am indeed aware of my actions.

2. It’s quite simple. Keeping track of your behavior and remembering past mistakes keeps you from committing that mistake again.

3. I do. I didn’t appeal for no reason.

4. Absolutely. If you consciously make the same mistakes, you probably don’t deserve another chance, as you are probably not to be trusted after wasting your approved appeal just to cause chaos for personal benefit.

4 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your ban has been lifted.

2 Likes