Zombies new mode ideas!

Zombies 50x points mode: 50x points, but 5x harder mobs
Zombies cheat mode.
Zombies Hardcore mode: no reviving, all mobs are 8x tougher, 2x reduced points, everything costs 2x more
Zombies Solo Mode: Cant you guess what this one is?

Hardcore mode is already the name of one type, so maybe rename it. Cheat mode would be like custom lobbies with god powers or something like that I guess, so I assume that shouldn’t be economy enabled

3 Likes

Fifty times the points but five times the stats is just unbalanced—the zombies will simply be crushed beneath the weight of even earlier than usual endgame upgrades, not to mention how their increased health will lead to even easier farming. It will break any map completely, likely disrupting the creator’s vision of how the map would play, based on the regular system.

Cheat mode sounds, as Madofado said, like a custom lobby with the God Powers ability; thus, it’s very unlikely to become a widely available mode.

Your idea of hardcore mode sounds heavily unbalanced—except this time in favour of the zombies. It would be extremely tedious to slowly pound away at a zombie with eight times its regular health, unable to get hit because of its oneshot damage, with weapons you would normally have surpassed ages ago; map creators balance their own maps around their image of what the experience playing them should be, and so drastically altering how the gamemode plays would disrupt the feel of the maps and slow the once-quick progression to a complete halt.

Solo mode is a 1-player lobby. For one thing, that’s unlikely to become a gamemode in my opinion—simply make a lobby and pass round 4 quickly, or use a mode people won’t join, and you get the same experience. For another, I prefer Zombies with a team. A group of people fighting together, varying their classes and builds to protect each others’ vulnerabilities—yes, even with the problematic ones who kill themselves just because they prefer another map or intentionally sabotage their teammates with their abilities. Single-player Zombies is simply, in my overall experience with the gamemode, boring. I do not enjoy it, and I don’t know too many who wouldn’t prefer to have a friend—or even a total stranger—battling against the dark forces by their side.

4 Likes

These two are rejected for reasons mentioned above by Flaef and Mado

Additionally, Private and Custom lobbies are currently patreon-only and voter-only, because the server doesn’t have enough resources to support both modes for everyone.

3 Likes