Zombie hacker: mamama

[1] Members name.
Mamama

[2] Report: what rule(s) they broke (quote them).

[3] Did this affect anyone (e.g. they were using their hacks in PvP)?

In game-modes, using godmode ruins the point of the game. It is a horrible thing to do.

[4] Evidence. (If this includes chat, Phase link one or more messages)

[5] Dimension: (if this is a server report).
Gamemodes/zombies

[6] Roughly, the time (in UTC) the offence was made. (if this is a
server report)

It was 12:57 PM EDT

2 Likes

I can’t see if they are clearly hacking or if they are just lagging/dced.

3 Likes

They were like that, the whole game also they were afk.

2 Likes

They could have just dced

3 Likes

What does that mean exactly?

2 Likes

Sometimes when your internet goes out, the server thinks your still in the game, so your character stays there (which also results in the “There is already someone named [you] on the server.”). While this happens, the false character can not take damage because the client doesn’t give any data that it took damage (that’s my best guess, idk a lot about this), so it may look as though he/she is hacking.

Edit : I’m not that smart about this either lol

3 Likes

Oh, ok thank you for the explanation. I’m not that smart when it comes to how the server works.

2 Likes

Also, on mobile, if you are tabbed out (which happens to me, because I am running Mobile Terraria on a computer) you become invunerable until you relog, at least client-side. However, you take all damage when you relog instantly. (In PVP, one time I was tabbed out and someone killed me, so I lost my streak, but somehow I stayed in the same place and didnt go back to the spawn).

4 Likes

Yeah, uh… that sounds about right. Since, as the client, they’re not sending any new instructions to the server or receiving them, nothing changes temporarily, causing them to appear to ignore damage and/or other things, as well as seeing their last thing doing (such as autoswinging with a sword or moving in one direction with dash boots equipped) occur indefinitely until their client gets disconnected for not having responded to the server for too long. Different games handle client connection lag differently; for example, Minecraft servers often end up freezing a player’s body in place, unable to take knockback (but damage is still registered) until the laggy client send out another location packet and updates their position.

2 Likes