YoBoiPizza Ban appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
dark-gaming.com/ban/5279

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I did not know that the server had a rule against using a modified client in PVE or in other game modes other than PVP as it does not affect other players as I had no bad intentions towards other players.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
I was banned fairly with good reason.
[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I believe I should be unbanned as I am a long time player on this server for many years and I was only using the modified version for fun and no bad intention and I promise to remove any modified code and use only the vanilla version of the game. Thank you for considering and have a good day.

2 Likes

Gameplay that deviates from a normal, vanilla client, does in fact affect other players, even if there’s no bad intention directed to them. This is especially true to other gamemodes. If someone hacks in items far beyond progression in survival, does it not matter to people trying to play legitimately? If you were to cheat in impossible items in Zombies, does the same effect in survival not apply, where you directly ruin the mode for people trying to play legitimately? While you didn’t, or more so can’t, cheat in items in PvE(besides the nice first fractal you showed me), the same effects, while applicable, is not limited to solely item hacking.

Being a member for a lengthy time doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Instead, it only provides more of a reason to ban you. It is expected that a long time player would at bare minimum be aware of the more ‘severe’ rules to violate, and the usage of a modified client is within that list.

Since the main topic of this appeal is seemingly rules, i’ll add this part of the appeal in this reply; can you read over, and copy and paste the exact rule(s) you have broken from here and tell me whether or not you agree to avoid future offenses towards this rule?

2 Likes

Under section 5 of the server rules it states "#1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients]
All types of modified clients, that deviate gameplay functionally in any way from the original Terraria client; this also includes using 3rd party programs, such as Inventory Editors, to modify your character to possess impossibilities, but texture packs are exempt*. Warnings may be given, however due to the nature of the people using these clients, warnings may not be required, and in cases where this affects other players in a negative way, to a degree of selfishness, then the ban may not be appealed.

People using any sort of Modications for PvP Advantages are deemed worse. Therefore, they should not be warned and instead banned.

• That do not alter game mechanics (e.g. hitboxes, visibility of tiles/walls, visibility of lighting). In other words, they must keep all things in-tact that the originals do except the art style."

This is the rule I broke and I do take responsibility and apologize. The specific cheats I was using and admit to were the allowance of depreciative items (Makes it so I can use first fractal) and a slight movement speed boost. After reading the rules and regulations of the server I do promise that I will no longer be playing Terraria with the use of modified clients on any online servers or in general and abide by all rules to the server. Thank you for consideration.

2 Likes

Appeal Accepted.
Expecting that you stick to your words, and avoid future offenses, I have unbanned you. Note that future appeals will not be considered if you happen to break this rule again.
You have been unbanned.

2 Likes