XanXet's Ban Appeal

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason
http://dark-gaming.com/ban/5161

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?
I did, I knew what I was getting into, when I logged in with the modded client that I had.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.
Absolutely fair, no question.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?
I’m very sorry for what I have done, it was really stupid of me to use a modded client in the server, I was being complacent with the fact that I got away with it in these past few days, I have never truly have gotten banned from this exact reason, and now that I have, I deeply regret my actions, I swear and promise to reflect on this and to not use such modifications in my own client again, I’d really love to keep on playing, it’s one of the only servers that I actually love to go into.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, I actually did put you on my list last reset, as someone potentially using a modified client. Being someone who’s been around for a while, I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt, as there wasn’t much that screamed directly in my face that you were hacking(as it was nearing the end of reset.)
You covered most of what you were really being asked of in this appeal, but you never stated the one thing I can say I feel curious about. Despite you being someone who has been around for a long time, and seemingly a highly viewed person within the community, what suddenly compelled you to use a modified client? Was it being behind in progress? Did you simply want the addition of a few items to help you along the road, or were you simply just bored and decided to get a few moments of glory?

2 Likes

Truthfully it was simply out of boredom and I just wanted stuff quicker than how you usually get it, that is all, nothing more than that really.

I had no intentions of saying like bye bye forever and all of that.

2 Likes

Being done just because you were bored makes it relatively more difficult to come up with understandable reasons/speculations that make me believe you wont go back to using a client again, for the same reason. The same could be said for hastily achieving items. There’s no way for me to confirm whether or not you’ll stick true to your word, or keep an eye on you 24/7.
Besides sneak peaks and glimpses of your name appearing, you do not seem to be incredibly consistent with your activity on the server. This only adds to the possibility of you using a modified client again. It is very easy for boredom to be tied with the majority of inactivity cases, which comes down to this. If I unban you, how are you going to ensure me that you wont repeat the same mistake upon getting bored again, or have another spike in inactivity to only return with the use of a modified client?

2 Likes

I WILL not use any more modifications to my client, promise the entire server that, I am dealing with a serious case here, I do NOT want to tarnish my own name more, it feels VERY embarrassing for me to be caught cheating in such a game, I very much do mean all of that. When it comes to very serious agreements which is this one (and I am the one at fault here), I will OBEY, I’m even thankful that I get to appeal right now. I won’t waste a chance to get in the server again, to have fun.

2 Likes

Good enough. Assuming that you stick true to your words, and my expectations, I have gone ahead and unbanned you.
I think you’re well aware of how things tend to work around here, and that if you are caught being banned for the same reason again, I will not be generous enough to accept a second appeal.
Appeal Accepted

4 Likes