Why bombs and sticky bombs are allowed?

Why is bombs/sticky bombs are allowed or not banned in sandbox?

2 Likes

And dirt bomb/sticky dirt bombs are not allowed?

2 Likes

If dirt bombs is a exploding projectile that places blocks except of destroying, and the normal bombs and dirt bombs have the same radius. Why are dirt bombs are banned, but normal bombs donā€™t??

2 Likes

I really want yā€™all to answer this correctly

2 Likes

I might want dirt bombs for my building in the sandbox

2 Likes

And why wraith statues are banned? Is it because theyā€™re able to go through walls? If yesā€¦ is there any way to prevent this while still having access of summoning a wraith with wraith statues?

2 Likes

Dirt Bombs and its sticky variant are banned because they were able to be used to grief the PvP arena by placing blocks.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why the Wrath Statue is banned actually. Mob spawning is disabled in Build.

On the other hand, as Tru3thful said earlier:

It is reasonable that Dirt Bombs are banned, since they can be used to grief since they forcefully place Blocks and bypass plugins which restrict the placement of Blocks in certain areas - practically all servers have Dirt Bombs banned. In the past, this was abused to grief the PvP dimension.
However, Sticky Bomb arenā€™t banned in PvP.

To address the latter part of this question: I donā€™t understand this either.
Sticky Bombs, Bouncy Bombs, Scarab Bombs, all Dynamite variants, and all tile destroying Rocket Projectiles are banned in Build.
Following this precedent, it doesnā€™t make sense that Nornal Bombs are currently unbanned.

2 Likes