Why Ban Pogo Stick? (Rant)

im pretty sure we are the only 2 ppl in the server who used pillon

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen Flaef use it as well… aaaaand I think that’s it. Maybe we just don’t see others use it because there aren’t as many in the same play hours? I wouldn’t know since I’m less active on the server now.

4 Likes

yea i don’t see you very often anymore

3 Likes

Must you act in this manner? Discussions such as this are best kept civil, rather than responding to one’s entirely valid argument with a personal insult to their intelligence and following up by declaring every half-decent opinion against yours ‘pea-brained’.

Furthermore, while you state ‘no more arguments’—as Tru3thful said, your original post is an argument itself. You present a claim and defend it (with… subpar reasoning, I might add—points 1 and 3 are both noting abilities which other mounts have, and point 2 is just “it’s fun” which is entirely subjective), therefore others respond with counter-claims… and then for some reason you resort to personal insults to counter said counter-claims. And personal insults are not a valid argument which present the Pogo Stick as a decent mount which is not overpowered and therefore should be unbanned.

Others have offered alternatives, others have offered strategies. But you continue, again and again, to simply push them away by lobbing completely unnecessary and uncivil statements in their direction. You are not giving us any valid reasons as to why Pogo Stick should be unbanned.

7 Likes

I use it time to time.

2 Likes

This is a very long post, and I will not write a tl;dr for this.

Movement is an essential part of PvP, but I do not think running away or kiting has ever been an integral part of killing other players.

From experience, I have found that running away is primarily a method to continue staying alive. Moreover, one’s skill at killing players is very much distinct from one’s skill at movement. In general, I find that it is much more important to develop the skill to kill and finish off other players.

Additionally, I know plenty of players who have decent or exceptional movement skills, but many of them are handicapped by their lackluster use of weapons.

Pogo is a versatile tool for horizontal movement, and I find it to be an excellent tool for running away and kiting but not killing other players.

It is easy to learn how to use Pogo and it is superior to its counterparts, therefore it decreases variety in PvP.

It is easy to learn how to use Pogo

Perhaps it is easy to utilize Pogo to its maximum capacity, but I say the same goes for the slime mounts as well. I do not think it is difficult to to learn how to use Pogo or the slime mounts. However, I do think that it is harder to chase a Pogo-user while using the slime mounts because your options for quick horizontal movement are limited.

It is superior to its counterparts

Contention on this point is a matter of personal opinion for the most part, but Pogo does offer greater horizontal capabilities than its slimy-counterparts.

It decreases variety in PvP

This point should be clarified. As I said earlier, Pogo is a movement tool, and its presence has no bearing on effective weapon usage. The claim is that there are more Pogo-users than Slime-users. I do not think this is true at all. While Pogo was unbanned, I found there to be as many players using Slime as there are players using Pogo.

From my experience on the server, I have found this to be a popular sentiment:

Chasing Pogo-users is not fun.

I cannot comment on what people find “fun;” that is up to personal opinion.

However, I will say that chasing is another important skill which is difficult to learn. It requires you to know the layout of the arena, to predict your opponent’s movements, and to have effective movement. Concerning this, I do think chasing Pogo-users is hard since they have access to a greater variety of movement options. It does take more skill and effort to track-down an adept Pogo-user, but, returning to an earlier point, running away and kiting are not a good strategies for killing others - they only keep you alive longer.

With this, I conclude that most people find Pogo-users annoying because they are harder to kill.

Banning Pogo is a concession to the demand to make killing others easier, or rather, there is a demand to make all players equally as easy-to-kill. (I observe that the discontent with Beetle Armor is an extension of this.) In the context of the banning of Pogo, I disagree with this sentiment, but I do understand why it is held by a majority of PvP players.

4 Likes

Wall of Text has Awoken!

Except that it’s in for the worthy master mode

Then you get better at using pogo so you could kill them.

2 Likes

I will make an indisputable argument here…

Pogo users are smelly and slime users are just better in every way. Case closed.

3 Likes

That’s one option.

So is your point that this will somehow lead to there being more Pogo-users? because I don’t find this to be the case when there were many slime-users when Pogo was unbanned.

2 Likes

image CLOSED 1 MINUTE AGO

No, that wasn’t my point. My point is get better at catching pogo users.

2 Likes

I wholly agree.

2 Likes

Us non-pogo believers would rather convince blanc to keep pogo banned so we can laugh at pogo-users for revolting

5 Likes

Who needs pogo, just use golf cart and featherfall,

2 Likes

Or just use winged pillion with featherfall.

3 Likes

Or just use featherfall and gravitation potions.

2 Likes

Or just use whatever you want.

2 Likes

confused mobile noises

1 Like

Mobile users have Cosmic Car Key as an alternative

2 Likes

Sadly, the Portal Gun is banned. We could’ve used it without the projectiles.

2 Likes

It’s banned because it rapidly increases fall speed.

2 Likes