What will be carried over to the next DTP?

Will inventory upgrades be carried over? Like width, height, and special slots?

8 Likes

I guess with this in mind, Iā€™ll go out on a limb since it seems to fit inā€¦ somewhat here. What about resetting the Staff titles with the rest and instead asking current active staff if theyā€™d want a new staff title in the next system or if theyā€™re still fine with the parameters for their previous/current ones? My thought was a new look in the new trading system, but I wasnā€™t sure where else Iā€™d bring it up.

7 Likes

Will levels (obtaining loot boxes), metals, inventory upgrades, the shop, and trading system still exist in the new legacy dtp?

6 Likes

@popstarfreas Why isnā€™t it possible to transfer items (even if itā€™s just a SINGLE color from a personā€™s account) while reportedly Supporters get some item transfers?

It all feels like a giant ā€œfuck youā€ to players who have spent thousands of hours grinding only to have it go away.

7 Likes

What is confusing to me is why the current system needs to wildly change.

Obviously you should have first say in what happens to DG, as you built it from the ground up, but having a few thousand hours of hard work vanish before my eyes just does not sit well with me, even if this change is not intended to be soon. While I am a supporter and a staff member, I am still a normal player too. This is why I continue to be a part of this community. I support DG because I want this community to be available to whoever wants to join for as long as possible. I became a moderator because I wanted to give back a little for having played free for countless hours since I first joined this community back in 2016. I feel like all I can offer is a little bit of my free time to moderate, and money, since otherwise I am no use to you. But grinding levels and getting rare items I value with the friends Iā€™ve made is the reason why I join the server every day. This DTP change you have sparsely mentioned seems to hurt the veteran players of this community the most, which is what I am finding an issue with. Would it hurt to work with us and find a solution that everyone is happy with? People seem to be quite happy with the current system recently, as is evident by the amount of ā€œtrade-offerā€ posts being made. People are obtaining items that they value, is this all for nothing when you carry everything over to the next DTP? DP is now more available than ever, Credits are as valuable as ever since they can help people obtain the rare items they desire, and the economy feels more functional now than it ever has. Why does DTP suddenly need to be overhauled after years of it being the way we know and love? I do not anticipate that everyone losing items they value will sit well with the community. You have not made known for certain whether Credits and DP will be part of this new system either. Having staff titles transferred is fine since obviously we need to distinguish who is in charge. Not exactly sure why vanity items are included in the transfer, since DG has not hosted many zombies events, but whatever. Another issue I find is you also mention accommodating supporters in a way that is fair. I may not speak for all the supporters, but this makes me feel quite guilty to be one. Not everyone is capable of giving money, why should ANY members of the community suffer for that? People in low income households and communities are pirating Terraria just so they can join servers like DG. Iā€™ve heard countless people state that they are using a device that can be described none other than old. If money was not an issue, this would not be happening. This all is just is not sitting well with me, please understand why.

7 Likes

Ok I wrote a bunch of explanations but overall it likely doesnā€™t matter compared to a small part of what I wrote which is:

There is one out, that is, while the system will be locked, there is a potential for anyone who isnā€™t ready, to stay in the old system, but only with their inventory. No voting rewards nor XP, DP, Leveling, Trading or any of the other dynamic features, just their inventory, and maybe also the possibility to move their items around in their inventory (that in itself requires something running to do those actions and may even eventually break).

And then, the players who donā€™t feel ready to engage with the new system can stay with their current items and if at some point they feel it is time to move over and start again in the new system, they can. Would that be enough to satisfy those who feel the need to keep a hold of their past items?

Also donā€™t forget, I also play legitimately in this system, all my items are obtained as any player would. I will too reset and start again and without any supporter perks to help me.

Oh and I forgot to mention, there will also be a testing period of which a player can try out the new system without any commitment, and the things done in the testing period will be reset, so it will be this testing period that will help ensure that the new system is in a good place before it becomes the one in use, and it will not do so until there is a consensus that it is ready.

9 Likes

Will the items currently being worn stay in the next version DTP?

6 Likes

So hereā€™s a quick summary (tldr) + some extra info:

• In the new system, you start again as a new user
  • You will therefore have only what a new user would have
  • The exceptions to this will be:
    • Badges - these will take into consideration your existing account where it makes sense (like the badge for years old)
    • Vanity Items
    • Supporter Perks
    • Crew
  • The new system will not exist for a long time, maybe even never
  • What will be in the new system is not set in stone - I will be posting threads and users will have access to a testing version where they can look at features and give feedback on them, as well as suggest things to try for the next testing version - it will be through these rounds of testing that we will arrive at the final version
7 Likes

Does this mean i can keep my hats
Screenshot_20221110-174622_kindlephoto-216094866

6 Likes

So to summarize,

• I will keep my Crew badge
  • My account is only a half year old, so I would be a new user.
  • I will lose all my tags, including the ones I am wearing
  • I have no vanity, so nothing happens.
  • I donā€™t have any supporter perks either.

However, this might take a while according to you.

5 Likes

Soā€¦ what? The new system (I assume you mean dtp system) will not exist for a long time?

4 Likes

Everything up until your latest reply was worded as if it were set in stone, which has me quite honestly confused as to why you said this:

Iā€™ve heard many times that the new system would not roll out for a long time, that is not the issue. You say ā€œmaybe even neverā€ though. Why was this not mentioned until now?

Nothing in this sounds even remotely in the works. It was worded like we should mentally prepare ourselves for this to without a doubt happen. Not soon, but that it would happen.

I wouldnā€™t have said half of what I have, or even bothered to make a poll if ā€œmaybe even neverā€ were specified early on. Iā€™m not here to argue with you, or fight you every step of the way. The main thing I found issue with was you stating items will not carry over. The wording you used made it seem like you simply did not care about those of us that have used the current DTP system the most. When I say us, I am not talking about myself or anyone in the sense of being a supporter, I mean the majority of players using the DTP system that would not be ā€œmanually accommodatedā€ or anything. I thought this was being done for your convenience, at our cost. Thatā€™s really all. Sorry I made such a fuss.

5 Likes

Yes, like a lot of things that are planned it takes a lot of time and thereā€™s no way to say how far it will get.

Because the never part is not referring to what we are discussing, itā€™s referring to the fact that as I am
responsible for building it, that it will require me to make it all the way to the finish line, and thereā€™s no guarantees that I will even do that before Terrariaā€™s player base dies down. This applies to all such things, like building support in TSL that is about half way done. Projects like these require many many hours and thereā€™s always the expectation that, especially as it is unpaid work, that the motivation to continue is lost.

Thatā€™s because the items thing is set. What Iā€™ve shown in previous news posts is where we are at, but after all that work it became apparent that what Iā€™ve built is literally an entirely new system, and that it is an opportunity to make full use of the chance to make something better, since I doubt we are ever going to get a second time.

I fully am aware that people have built up an inventory of things they wanted, and it is inevitable that given how long it has been that people currently hold a set of items that they donā€™t want to give up.

I fully believe that it is worth setting aside our items so that the experience can be improved. Since there are so many issues that I see new members hit and I canā€™t do anything to help them. And there are so many things that have been discussed in the past that weā€™ve yet to see, that Iā€™d rather see what that would look like then be stuck with something that has not changed for years. And I think if the current users would experience that they would see it is worth it, which is why I planned to have testing sessions for feedback, so that I can prove that it is worth it. With the fallback I mentioned earlier if people truly do not want to use it.

7 Likes

ok this might be a bad idea but if credits save to the next DTP, what if you could refund your custom title/tags (the ones you crafted with 1 credit) and make them again after the switch? might not work for alot of other things, but if it does work (maybe), we can keep our custom tags/titles

3 Likes

Rofle already said credits likely wonā€™t exist in the next dtp

4 Likes