What is your favorite terraria enemy (non boss)?

Name only non-boss enemies.

6 Likes

Crimson Mimic or Hemogoblin Shark.

5 Likes

3) Selenian
First off, it looks cool. Humanoid dual-wielding fire knives, leaps at nearby players with a really cool glowing spin animation. But more interestingly, it deflects projectiles. The entire Solar Pillar is designed to work together to combat the player’s usual playstyle: Corites harass players so they can’t just hide in a hole, Srollers make the ground a dangerous place to be, Crawltipedes then force the player not to fly into the sky and carpet-bomb everything as they usually would, instead having to fight the enemies face-to-face.

And what’s the Selenian’s role? Stopping the player from mindlessly gunning (or casting, or swording) everything down by flinging their powerful attacks right back. The player is no longer permitted to spray-and-pray because they are in these things’ home turf, and they will obey the laws of the land. Selenians just make the otherwise very cheesable pillar click by stopping the player from killing every melee enemy without a care in the world.

2) Dreadnautilus
I love the Dreadnautilus. Not much needs to be said, honestly, the attacks speak for themselves. While I do wish the projectiles emitted more light, it’s otherwise really fun to fight thanks to how quickly it moves around. Not only that, but the drops are some of the strongest in that stage of the game, making the Dreadnautilus actually worth it to fight.

1) Paladin
The Paladin interests me not because it’s especially complex, or because it synergises with its allies or anything of that sort. It interests me because it’s intimidating. It’s one of the few mobs that I’ll approach carefully or even actively avoid, because if I don’t I’ll either end up cornered in a cramped hall with an incredibly tanky enemy trudging slowly towards me, followed by a small legion of trash mobs, or smashed to pieces by hammer spam as I try and fail to stunlock it due to its protective covering of other enemies the dungeon spams at you. The Paladin exclusively works because the dungeon is a cramped labyrinth with few escape routes and plenty of dead ends. As a new player, it’s not something that you just immediately run into and kill like every other mob. It lets you know that isn’t an option as soon as it goes hammer bro.

6 Likes

For me it’s the paladin, I have been around since release and moved to mobile release. So for some 5 years Phammer was my favorite and still somewhat is. I truly wish there was some sort of paladin armor. But for me it’s the paladin.

6 Likes

meh I think that counts as a boss…

5 Likes

possessed armor

7 Likes

You put hemogoblin that’s more or less the same as dread.

5 Likes

no its not. Dread is a fully fledged boss, while hemogoblin has very simple AI, drops nothing boss-worthy, isn’t incredibly hard to defeat, and generally doesn’t match up to standards.
That’s like saying Pirate Captain or Paladin is a boss. All they do is walk around and fire projectiles. I just like hemogoblin shark because they are speeeeeeed

3 Likes

Dreadnautilus is not classified as a boss.
-has no boss healthbar
-does not drop a trophy, mask, treasure bag, MM pet or relic
-drops banner at 50 / 100 / 150 / … kills
-does not appear under ‘boss’ tag in bestiary

3 Likes

Twinkle from the Stardust Pillar because it looks like this
Twinkle
yet has the death sound as the Mourning Wood and Everscream

5 Likes

Correction: It COULD BE classified as a boss if the devs decided to give it better drops. I qualify it as a miniboss as of now because it doesn’t have a treasure bag, but has the same complexity, difficulty, and general detail a boss has. All it needs is more items. No AI changes or changes to the boss itself would be needed.

3 Likes

mobile players flying on ufos in pvp

6 Likes

free dp haha

4 Likes

when I started playing Terraria I built towers to the sky without walls and made of wood and the enemy that I saw the most and attacked me besides the harpies is the wyvern and I ended up liking it a lot

5 Likes

…yes, so it’s not classified as a boss. A Green Slime could be classified as a boss if they gave it a Treasure Bag, Trophy, Relic, so on and so forth. Anything could be classified as a boss. My point, however, is that the Dreadnautilus is not classified as a boss.

More on topic, I recently rembered Vortexians are a thing. Honestly, they feel like wasted potential to me: the lightning portal is extremely cool both in terms of looks and gameplay, but it’s woefully underutilised. Vortexians aren’t even a particularly common spawn, they don’t multiply or anything like Alien Queens and the Vortex Pillar only spawns Alien Hornets. And yet the poor Vortexians are just your standard Fighter AI enemy until they die and attempt to bween you… once.

Imo, they could have been really cool if they summoned portals above you constantly (thus giving you a reason to bother killing them at all) and summoned several inaccurate portals on death. This would’ve made the Vortex Pillar at least a little harder than it currently is, but unfortunately it stands in most peoples’ lists as the second-easiest, nowhere near as hard as Solar or Nebula.

4 Likes

my point is lost. :sob:
What I’m saying is that it’s currently worthy of bosshood, it just isn’t a boss.

4 Likes

Same, that’s also my favorite mob.

4 Likes