What do time items and item sacrifices do?

I have quite a few questions about the trading system. I mostly get how it works, but I don’t understand a few things: What do time items and item sacrifices do? Is sacrifice time items the proper way to use them? Also, what’s the difference between extend and restore?

One last thing: I have a tag, (the Banished), and I’ve sacrificed quite a few junk items to it, as well as time items. The time left on it always seems to be at either around 5h 59m or 9h 59m. Why is this, and why does it not go down? Is it a glitch? Or did my time item sacrifices do something?

2 Likes

Lifetimes on items are paused until an update that prevents them being permanently deleted when they hit 0.

Time items are made specifically to be sacrificed yes.

They are the same. Extend was originally intended for allowing extending an item beyond its normal lifetime via DP, since restore only lists the DP cost required to repair it back to its full normal lifetime.

2 Likes

So what’s the point of lifetime then?

2 Likes

After the update it will mean items with 0 lifetime will have no functionality until repaired.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. So for now they’re paused but when the update drops they’ll go down and eventually run out, making them temporary useless until repaired?

2 Likes

Yes, as opposed to what they would do if it were enabled now, which is to irreversibly delete the item. This is from Trading System v2.0 - Proposal

2 Likes

@popstarfreas also, something completely unrelated, could you maybe do some more events and work on maybe having mobile zombies abilities? I don’t know for sure, because I haven’t tried it, but odds are there isn’t mobile support for abilities. Could you maybe add that?

2 Likes
2 Likes

That works but it’s very glitchy and unreliable. Also, could you make something (like the sentry deploy message) appear above your head when switching sentry types so mobile players can know what they’re placing? There isn’t a consistent way of knowing which type you’re placing on mobile, it’s just whatever one it gives you.

2 Likes

I think it’s in the order listed in /shelp, although that’s kind of annoying to go through every time.

2 Likes