Vortex Armor Stealth

[What is the actual item/mechanic/thing being targeted?]
Vortex Helmet

[What would you like specifically changed about it?]
Unban it and nerf it

[Why do you feel that this change is needed?]
Not exactly needed, but having stealth would be nice since thanks to armor manipulation it can be balanced

[Anything else you would like to note]
I’m not 100% sure if PvP Manager can give negative damage bonuses, but I suppose It can.
Stealth is OP, but It can be balanced.
The nerf would be something like: -46% ranged damage bonus
With that and damage caps, Stealth’s damage bonus wouldn’t be that OP
The invisibility wouldn’t be a problem too because you’re vulnerable while on stealth since you are easy to hit, ranger isn’t specially tanky too. It would require a quick armor swap to counter this, this to some degree requires skill.
People camping with invisibility wouldn’t be an issue too, since this Isn’t good as an strategy and It would be just an FFA annoyance, you can also do this without stealth anyways
It may sound OP considering it’s a direct upgrade of the highest damage hybrid with Stealth but trust me, having significantly less mobility than normal + taking more damage than someone wearing Solar armor is an HUGE disadvantage

Wouldn’t some of this be regained by the other Vortex Armor pieces? It’s not really that big of a nerf with that in mind. You would only have… 17% reduction, which is about enough to remove a Ranger Emblem’s bonus. I think trading an Emblem for invisibility a very good deal, even with the drawbacks you mentioned. Maybe just decrease this drawback.

Also, would the drawback be on the helmet itself? If so, newbies would be very confused when they try to use Vortex Armor and it basically removes tons of their other bonuses. Even if this was only applied to the stealth part, people would still be a bit confused, since it makes their weapons much less effective. I guess it wouldn’t really make much difference for people who really didn’t know what they were doing anyway.

4 Likes

yes, but i’m saying without that in mind, like it would be obviously 73 instead of 45 (nevermind this right now)

yes, since it’s that piece the one banned, we don’t want to make vortex breastplate or leggings useless for hybrids

5 Likes

Alright, sounds good… I’m probably never going to use this except to AFK

5 Likes

Okay I edited it since my nerf proposal was basically a worse version of the highest damage hybrid.
Here’s an comparison

Hybrid Vortex State
52% dmg -18% dmg Normally
- 62% dmg Stealth
56 def 62 def -
6 Likes

The 80% stealth increase would still work? So, being in normal mode gives drawbacks, but being in stealth does more damage than a optimized hybrid loadout? Interesting idea, I guess the speed would be a disadvantage and make you an easier target

4 Likes

Regarding this old topic which hasn’t been mentioned in a while, I will be marking this as accepted, not implemented, and will be closing it.
Currently, this, or something very similar to this, is on the modest list of PVP changes we’d like to make but simply haven’t had the dev priority to do so.

5 Likes