Using Hoiks to Kill DG Early Game (Survival)

Survival is super laggy.

Hoiking isn’t the best method because of this.

6 Likes

Yeah but what else are you supposed to use… On day one we have limited movement.

6 Likes

Use the ol’ reliable run across the server with some endgame mount tactic.

6 Likes

As I said previously, this is early game, so unless your a hacker, you’re not getting anywhere without hoik.

6 Likes

This is why people normally defeat DG late game. The hoik method is unreliable and risky.

It’s like getting out of college and doing the lottery thousands of times to become a millionaire instead of getting a job.

6 Likes

Not if you make a bigger hoik B)

Btw it’s just fun attempting to beat DG early game. Mainly the speedrunning part.

6 Likes

I’ll tell you I’ve applied this method in 2018-2019 numerous times. It’s bad.

6 Likes

The only problem last time I tried were people trying to sabotage

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s the big problem.

You know, I’ve found a few different methods in the past that were way better for killing DG early hardmode, for a while, it became a tradition for me to kill DG early pre-hardmode every reset.

6 Likes

You keep getting off topic… I mean waiting for reset, then immediately start building the hoik and kill DG

Early-hardmode is not an option.

6 Likes

I meant pre-hardmode. I got confused by the nomenclature since they all have the word hardmode in them.

6 Likes

What are those methods?

6 Likes

All of them revolve around the usage of the slimy saddle and hit-boxes.

Constantly triggering i-frames doesn’t work because the server is laggy.

6 Likes

Yeah… This isn’t going to work. Slimy saddle requires you to kill King Slime. Now you’d have to do a speedrun on killing King Slime before killing DG.

6 Likes

This was back then in the day when you could do /rain slime.

6 Likes

Also, if you’re that bent on killing DG that early in the game, what weapons do you use? Barely any are reliable.

6 Likes

The all-powered Boomerang!

7 Likes

Same as that old Ymir video, however, they didn’t have to deal with saboteurs.

6 Likes

Yeah I copied the boomerang from him after searching up “how to kill dungeon guardian early gmae” (Typo included)

6 Likes

Building hoiks, especially large ones, is a pain. Have players beat DG with this method before?

6 Likes