Trading System - Loot Boxes

Today the Loot Boxes update has been launched.

When you level up, instead of gaining a certain amount of random items, from R1-R10, you will instead gain Loot Boxes, starting at 1, and eventually capping at 5 Loot Boxes per level. While un-opened, Loot Boxes are essentially storage. There are currently 4 Loot Box Tiers, each Tier has a minimum required level to appear, but is not guaranteed to. On top of the current 4, there will be more added, such as Color Loot Boxes, specifically giving colors; Rare Loot Boxes, which are better versions of a set Tier Loot Box, giving more items, and having better luck.

Further, not too long from now, voting will also be set to give out a Loot Box or two, and the Credits section will be upgraded with the options to use Credits (as little as 0.05) on Loot Boxes.

A Tier 1 Loot Box looks like this:

In-fact, all Loot Boxes use a Terraria Chest graphic. To open the Loot Box, right-click it, and select Open:

If you do not have enough slots, a message like this will appear:

However, if you opened it successfully, you will see all the new items you gained:

Update
Voting now gives you a Loot Box, XP and Credits. If you don’t have any free slots, you will not get the Loot Box.

Update 2
Apologies to anyone who voted and didn’t get a Loot Box even with free slots. The error has been corrected.

Update 3
Loot Box Tiers now have different Loot Boxes. For example, a strict Tier 1 Loot Box gives 10 R1-R4 items, however, it’s possible to also get a Tier 1.2 Loot Box that gives you 3 R1-R10 Items. Right now this variation exists for Tier 1 and Tier 2, but soon for the rest of the Tiers. I will also be adding strict types, such as Tier 1 Title Loot Box, and the individual Loot Boxes will be available at the Craft section for a low Credit price.

1 Like

Nice! I really like the Loot Boxes as I used to only get crap by voting lol.

1 Like

Loot Boxes Update
The Vote Reward Loot Box is now it’s own thing:

It has its own Rarity Range and Item Count.

2 Likes