The worst way to die in terraria

What’s the most frustrating way to die in terraria?
  • Die to the first slime
  • Die in the first night
  • Die in the first boss
  • Die on the pillars event
  • Die to moonlord
  • Die to empress of light (night time)
  • Die with the boss having 20 hp left

0 voters

8 Likes

the first slime option is actually pretty valid, because imagine if you play, and the first enemy that comes to you just MURDREMERS you

10 Likes

it’s always the boss at 0.001% hp.
You’ve saved up all your materials to summon it, you’ve spent 10 minutes chipping away at its enormous health, and you get cocky in the last 10 seconds of the fight.
and then… the boss is gone.
Your tears of desperation and agony fall to the ground as you regret your existence.
You summon the boss again, and you defeat it- but that loss will never leave your soul.

9 Likes

Finally, an opportunity for my “Terraria Chat Out of Context” image folder to shine.
howhow

unknown-337

unknown-185

unknown_1

@Water_Bottle this one might seem familiar to you
unknown-284

Screenshot_2021-06-05_9.33.45_AM

8 Likes

Boulder traps :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

by WHAT?

these 2 messages are just perfect together

9 Likes

vicious bugs and karma, ah yes.

6 Likes

it’s a bug due to the entity limit/stuff to do with entities (I think) on the server

6 Likes

I think dying on Mediumcore is more frustrating than any of the given options :hahaa:

But if I were to pick, yeah dying to a low HP boss is really frustrating. But I cant vote because voting is closed :sob: Makes it more frustrating :xaa:

8 Likes

As Shill said, dying on Mediumcore sucks. It’s not even like Hardcore where you lose all your progress, it’s just a general inconvenience; your items won’t despawn or anything, you’ll just have to work your way back to them. More of an annoyance than anything. Dying to boss while it’s on low HP isn’t really frustrating to me, since that just tells me I can beat it with an ounce more effort and boss spawners aren’t too bad to farm (with the exception of one certain pink flower…), and that I’ll probably get it next try.

However, there is one exception to this, and that is Moon Lord. In fact, dying to ML in general is just about my least favourite thing, not because it’s anticlimactic or oh no I died to the final boss or anything like that, but because Re-Logic made refighting the damn thing absolutely excruciating: you have to kill LC, slowly trudge through each and every one of the four pillars’ shields and then drain their healthbars away without getting taken out by the stupidly tanky enemies, and only then do you get another chance at ML. Die, and you can probably spend your leftover fragments to get one more attempt (except for some reason they made his summon item also use the 60-second timer, making it even slower) but use that up too and it’s back to the Dungeon with you.

I may like farming for good gear and progressing by putting in the hours, but it’s hard to feel like you’re progressing when you’re tossing yourself back into the twenty-minute grind gauntlet for the third time in hopes of attaining two more losing attempts at a radically unbalanced, spammy fight.

6 Likes

As Flaef said, ML just sucks. it is more summon farm than fight

6 Likes

In vanilla, dying to Duke Fishron, Plantera, Lunatic Cultist, woffle or ML has always infuriated me lol.
Duke Fishron - “I SPENT TWO HOURS GETTING THAT WORM BRUH”
Plantera - “OH AWESOME, ANOTHER HOUR OF SLEEPING. HERE I COME”
Lunatic Cultist - “bro i legit just died to one of the weakest bosses in terraria… breh.”
Woffle - “oh damn, my guide has to respawn” 10 DAYS LATER
ML - proceeds to throw temper tantrum

It’s more grind than fight for plantera and ML, it’s so annoying. Now, if it’s modded, I can accept dying to 20-minute-only-to-die-last-second fights, since the summons are no longer consumable :]

5 Likes

Duke isn’t so bad since you can increase the rates at which the worms spawn with farms and such, giving you at least something to do in the meantime. Woffle is at most a ~16 minute wait, I think? But Plantera and ML? Disgusting. One relies too heavily on RNGesus, the other relies on a grind that you literally cannot speed up past the point of what little a Water Candle and Battle Potion can do (and using both of those is decently likely to get you slaughtered, anyway).

5 Likes