The dark gaming comunity iceberg

Short summary
In 2021 i made an iceberg about DG

original image

Later that year i did say to Suplerbz that at the end of 2022 we were gonna make this time an iceberg but with all the comunity instead on just my knowledge (As you know, That didn’t happen)

So lets make one for real this time

The iceberg format

So if you dont know whats an iceberg under this context, Its a list of entries about a topic ordered from most known to less known, Respectively the most known at the top
These are separated in layers depending on how known these are in general

Submit format

You can post it here via reply or dm at me

1 - Entry name

Pretty self explanatory, The title of what it is

2 - Deepness level

How known is that entry, With this in reference
(Likely most of people that would submit an entry is at level 3/4/5)

Deepness level Description Example
1 Known by Guests or Outsiders of the comunity Zombies Gamemode
2 known by Guests that play frequent, casual members ,People who checked the forums for help and maybe interacted once Duel,/Void,Economy general CMDs
3 Known by members , people at discord,People who interacted in the forum for a month at least How anticheat works, Vote only maps, Server’s version o discrepancy
4 Known by Regulars (In forum or visiting the chats often), Active Crew members, 1.3 Players P incident,Old Prototype dimensions,Double banking
5 Known By very active Forum visitors who reads almost every new post or searches for the old ones, 1.2 Players,People who is up to date most of the time Delisted maps,ban 69 ,town pets exploit,Pvp dimension vanilla bug
6 Known by only the ones who digged all the way down of the DG History, players from 2012-2013,People with semi lost media (And Rofle himself i guess) Stardew valley server,The magic missile contest
7 Things that likelly only 10 or less people know , Or maybe only you Black square at the build dimension map that never updates (Around 1.4.0)

Aswell these are some tags that are optional

Tag Description Example
Meme A local joke/Meme can be in the comunity in general or in a more closed group Happy birthday Madofado
Fact An event or something that happened,Data explained The P incident
Interactable Something that was interactable at the time or is now /void,Prototypes dimensions
Speculation Something that you may not be sure if its true but its a 50/50 ish Rofle’s name is gary
Unknown Likelly its false, But a lil’ part of you tells otherwise, A 80%> False I dont have an example
Uncategorized Anything else Rofle says “Cheeze” Without context

3-Explanation/Media/Lore

Here goes all the backstory of that entry, Unless the entry is on the very bottom, Or another thing that may come into account, Its necessary and will determine if its gonna be added or not

Just note that if it contains sensitive topics, Please send it via personal message via forum or discord @Geolindrag

Reject reasons

• Its something 100% false without relevance (Example: Every copy of DG is personalized)
  • Not enought fundaments or lack of them at the point 3, Note that this is ignored or minimized if is tagged as speculation or Unknown, As well with deepness level

Examples

Happy birthday Madofado! - 3 Meme
One time someone called that was Madofado birthday, After that other players like Dsaf and mainly from PvP comunity,It was left as a meme , Currently remembered by someone who sasy that at the Bot and spam discord channel

Name : Black Map box at build
Deepness : 7 - interactable
Around the original dungeon if the world, There is a big area with several torches, Going to the left from here wont fill the map,Likely a damaged chunk This was patched on the DST update of the server i think

As you can see, the format isn't necesary, but its apreciated :shrug:

The final version compilled will be posted at 2023-12-29T00:00:00Z

7 Likes

i have alot of forum posts that are broken (not the same as being deleted or privated), but they seem too redundant to send. Theres also some posts rofle privated on the forums (which i have access too, one of them being a bug which i cant send for obvious reasons)

i think you could include maps in DG that arent released, or have been taken off.

also possibly that one meme post rofle made

and the glasia ping incident

4 Likes

What about the incident where I was repeatedly being called “cornball”?

4 Likes

That’s just you being insulted. There’s no hidden meaning behind it.

4 Likes

Sounds good enough to me the 3

Yea, I don’t think it really has more than being an insult , as far i know
what could be considered into account , Could be rather the fact that every X time the pvp comunity “indirectly selects” someone, and start making a joke around it

As far i know, It happened with :
Happy birthday madofado
RUSSians
Skemor’s uzi
Hen ti pvp master
cornball
ann lastly jefisbor pinginig spree, May be more, but the general idea is the fact that happens kinda often

6 Likes

What about that about 15% of the zombies lobbies have a hacker in it?
I just can’t be bothered to report them in my gameplay time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
deepness: 2
I say this from experience

7 Likes

i might get the actual stadistic if im in mood lol, But its a fair point overall

7 Likes

oh you guys cant forget the “p” incident.

where a ton of people got kicked for chaining

7 Likes

It’s in there as an example, under the Tag descriptions

7 Likes

oh i didnt notice that my bad

7 Likes