The Character Swap Bug

Character Swap Bug

I’ve been playing survival for this run, and the server has been very buggy. My character crashed with the “terraria is not responding” crash, and after waiting a full 10 minutes I had to close it. After closing it and rejoining, I found my character had no items, was completely different, my piggy bank was gone, I had 100 hp and 20 mana, and looked nothing like the character I had created. My claims are still mine, my chests work just fine, but all of my items and personal items were gone out of existence. The character looked familiar, but I don’t know who this could be. There really isn’t anything that can be done about it, and its an odd bug i’ve never seen happen to anyone. I have heard that me1ee (another player) had a reset but happen to him, but his character just had to rejoin the game again. I’ve tried rejoining a bunch of times and nothing happened. I even force closed the game with alt f4 and still the same character.

PC/Mobile
PC

Dimensions or Services it affects
Survival only

Your in-game account name
Vinter Eevee

How often it happens
It only seemed to have happened to me, but it might have happened to other players in the past

Any screenshots or videos showing the bug
there really isn’t any way to show it other than showing the character I turned into

4 Likes