Terraria Weapon PvP Tiers

Well, it’s complete! I’m not going to make it sound like I had to sacrifice an arm and a leg for this to happen, but it did take quite a lot of thinking, talking, and way more observing than I would have thought.
Come one, Come all, the Terraria Weapon Tiers List for PvP has finally been created!
To make the deal better, we’re going to actively update this until I either hate myself for it, or I abandon the game entirely! All the details needed on this will be on the thread here!

1 Like

A few things while I was reading through, just to ensure it’s polished, search the following words on your post (to find them, as they are spelt incorrectly):
abseloutely
almosg

Nice post. I’m sure with further work, a wider-range of equal weapons can be brought forward to the top to allow a more diverse PvP environment. Prior to the changes to our PvP (I’ve not participated in post changes) it was very predictable what you would go up against and pretty simple. The diversity of weapons by adjusting values (and maybe adding projectiles, I wouldn’t go as far as removing because they are created and collision-checked on clients). It is possible for the server to drop items with modified damage and other values, but I know only of the drop method, which is far from ideal and another approach must be taken unless changes are made to the game in the future.

2 Likes

In my experience, Terrarian is closely tied with Nebula Blaze. It is approximately a 40/60 encounter if both players have the same level of skill, and using only Terrarian will get you killed very quickly; besides, if your opponent knows that you use it, they will keep their distance accordingly (and yes, it is indeed possible). Blaze should be moved to S+ rank: its potential is mindblowing and criticals are quite consistent.

Terrarian shines when it comes to defensive maneuvers, though: if you dash AWAY from the spot as you pull the bad boy out, it gets deployed very quickly, but when you dash IN the spot, it will be extremely sluggish.

And while Terrarian is known to fare extremely well against cannon fodder that usually moves around in cosmic cars, so does everything else, so it cannot be used for reference. It is not as badly overpowered as many people think, it just wasn’t given much chance to prove itself. Not that any of that applies to DG now, though: Terrarian in these conditions is simply out of the question.

1 Like

Thank you for the input on the list. We had to consider how the weapon performs on all fronts, not just here, and as such, lots of weapons are ranked lower overall than they would here.
As for Nebula Blaze, it’s too inconsistent to rank higher than that. If if were easier to control it would easily rank higher, but once again, its inconsistency and luck base makes it hard to rank well overall.
Terrarian consistently does amazing, and is virtually point and click win, making it very easy to use, thus making it consistently good.

1 Like