Teamspeak 3 Server

Hello everybody! As some of you know, we have been considering adding a Teamspeak server so people on our Terraria server can talk to each other using a method of voice chat while playing. Well Rofl and I finally figured out how to, and it will be up 24/7 from now on. If you don’t know what Teamspeak is from reading this thread, it is a voice chat application that allows up to 30 people to talk at a time, and is much higher quality than Skype, and rarely ever drops out even for a spit second. If you’d like to install it, the download page is here. Download the appropriate CLIENT for your operating system. Anyways, I hope everyone can start using this, cause using the Terraria text chat is kind of a pain. Once you’ve installed and launched Teamspeak, click on Connections, select Connect, and type in ts.dark-gaming.com (terraria.dark-gaming.com works too) and put in any nickname that you’d like. Leave the password blank, and you should be good to go. Also, you are certainly free to join without a mic and simply listen in to other people that are talking, and use the text chat either in Teamspeak, or the server. Let me know if anybody has any problems!

1 Like

Both of the connections fail

1 Like

there’s like,4 for windows which one do i use?

1 Like

It’s not that hard, just spend a few seconds and actually look at the options.

1 Like

Wait so we would hear all of each other’s voices?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

So that means it would be really hard to talk directly to someone, because there is so many voices. Also what if someone says theyŕe someone theyŕe not?

1 Like

ya…good point

1 Like

First of all, we’re still really far away from having too many people on the server. There are usually no more than 30 people on the server at a time, and out of those 30 people, not EVERYONE is on the Teamspeak server. I’m estimating that no more than 10 people will ever be on it, and usually it will be more like four or five. Secondly, if people go on and pretend to be someone else, so what? It’s just a voice chat, there’s nothing that bad that can happen. If someone is being a nuisance, then an admin can kick them.

1 Like

That’s a really good point, but still if so many people are talking, then how could the person youŕe trying to talk to hear you?

1 Like

There aren’t going to be that many people, that’s how. And if people do get fed up with that, they can ask an admin to open up another channel.

1 Like

Oh okay, nice to know.

1 Like

ok are u sure not many ppl?

1 Like

If you don’t like the idea then don’t freaking use it, okay?

1 Like

Okay… I’m just asking!

And I do like the idea, i’m just wondering about it.

1 Like

ditto

1 Like

Have you guys never been in a group voice chat before?

Or in a group at all infact?

2 Likes

not a voice chat but duh a group

1 Like

Yeah I have not been in a voice group, but I would like to try it. I am just asking him about it to learn more.

1 Like

Then how can you possible not know from that, how it works?

2 Likes