Suspension Appeal & Apology

[Q1] Provide the Ban link or if none, the reason

N/A. I am not banned. The best I could describe my current state is being suspended.

[Q2] Did you break the rules knowingly?

Yes. At the time, I was aware that the situation regarding Glasia and those calling them an AI/repeatedly targeting them was considered harassment, and subsequently against the rules.

[Q3] Do you think your Ban was fair? If not, please provide a reason.

Yes.

[Q4] Why should we unban you?

Due to the nature of my suspension, there isn’t much I could say to prove I deserve my suspension being revoked. I have not been around in-game, nor the discord server. I have not taken the time to apologize to Glasia within the time of this appeal and the day I essentially lost access to the server, either.

Basically, I have left an incredibly bad mark on my name and haven’t made much of an attempt to clean it, alongside any of the resentment I may have left Glasia with. That is why I’m here now.

Even though I am caught up enough on the forums to know that Glasia no longer seems to be around, I would like to extend an apology to them regardless. I should have done this sooner, but at the same time, had I done so shortly after my punishment, I do not think it would have been genuine.

While I have not been the easiest person to work with during my time in this community, I would still like to ask for a second chance. Moving forward, I can promise that I will act in accordance to the rules to the utmost of my ability, and uphold the level of compliance and respect that is expected of members here in regards to the rules/staffing of the server, as well as the treatment of other members.

Thank you, and for what it’s worth, I am sorry, Glasia.

13 Likes

There are a lot of things left unanswered here. Why did you bother to remain as a Staff member despite what appears to you giving up caring about the responsibilities? It almost appears that at some point, you just gave up and went downhill from there until ultimately being muted. If you return, your kind of behaviour may encourage the same of others, which always seems to lead to someone trying to break a rule, because as far as I can see, your existence on the server only serves to mess around in chat now.

And, after all, the Discord server is just a complement to the in-game one; why would you hang around when you don’t care much about the server anymore?

10 Likes

Rather than saying I had given up, I would say that after a certain amount of time had passed, I burned out. At the beginning, it evidently didn’t effect much since I expected to be back in full sooner than later, but as time went on it became clear to me that was unlikely to happen. I had spent most of my free time on the server in the earlier days, usually banning people or pvping, and coupled with my general disinterest for terraria outside of DG, I was never re-ignited.

At that point, I mainly stayed as the Survival Manager simply because I didn’t see anyone else as available, nor did I want to responsibility dump on someone that already had their hands full. More staff had manager roles already than not, and the ones that didn’t seemed to play survival actively. While the latter doesn’t strictly stop them from being the Survival Manager, it is less than ideal to both need the permission to bypass SSC to handle certain things, and to not possess said permission to play normally. The option to remove/add that permission was only possible via contacting you, and most people do not want to bother you constantly(you don’t appear to enjoy people doing so, and are often busy). I did not intend to play Survival normally, so I did not encounter that problem myself.

Put simply, I didn’t want to one day decide to drop out and have another manager role fall onto you because of “conflicting interests.” Even more so when I wasn’t planning to move on from DG, and could still do most of what that role required myself.

I do care about the server, and have throughout my entire time here. I’ve had my problems of course, but DG is, essentially, terraria for me. I wouldn’t have put my few thousand hours into it if I wished anything other than the best for it.

I’ve acknowledged in this appeal that I have not been the easiest person to work with. I’m aware that my behavior has caused issues already, and should it not change, will undoubtedly cause more. I have been given four months to do exactly that, however. I am by no means perfect now, but after waiting the necessary amount of time to be given a chance to return, it has become abundantly clear to me that I value this server more than I must’ve let on prior to my mute. I’m not fond of empty promises, and this is the basis I used to make the promises I did in my original appeal— to abide by the rules as is expected of me, because I value this server and it’s community too much to let myself lose access to it just because I was unwilling to change.

11 Likes

This appeal has been accepted. Your Discord Member/Crew role has been restored.

7 Likes